Smartphone for Navigation

Camping, cooking, carrying, recovering, repairing and despairing

Moderator: Spietfriek

Nike68

Re: Smartphone for Navigation

Post by Nike68 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:10 am

Glider how did you mount the cradle on your HQ-701 ?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
0 x
Didado

Post by Didado » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:23 am

Gilbo wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:15 pm
Hi,

Stumbled upon this topic and since I want to change from gps to tablet I have some more questions.

How is use of the tab 2 in direct sunlight? Did someone put on a semi matt or matt screenprotector?

How does is perform in winter at low temperatures?

Are there some more pic’s or video from the Tab 2 mounted and/or used for navigation?

Thanks!
Gilbert
Here's a video. Sun light is not a big issue as in glare. However, smartphones and tablets can overheat and black out. When riding in 27C weather and taking a break the screen can black out. As soon as you start riding the wind will cool it.
0 x
Gilbo

Post by Gilbo » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Thanks, ordering one now and will take it with me to Morocco in a few weeks. Curious how it will perform.
0 x
Didado

Post by Didado » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:04 am

Gilbo wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:55 pm
Thanks, ordering one now and will take it with me to Morocco in a few weeks. Curious how it will perform.
Just make sure you bring extra usb-c cables. I had two incidents where the usb-c plug going into the tablet bent or broke. I do use the tablet vertical instead of horizontal with the usb on the bottom. Never understood why everyone goes horizontal? I want to see what is ahead of me and not on the side so much :-)
0 x