Auvergne - massif central

Moderator: Froggy

matumatu

Auvergne - massif central

Post by matumatu » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:19 am

Hello,
I wonder if the part in Auvergne - massif central is very technical? I would like to spend some time there in July. I'm not so experienced, traveling (maybe alone) on a charged Tiger 800XC. What do you think?
Thank you,
Greg
0 x
Nico-D

Re: Auvergne - massif central

Post by Nico-D » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:17 pm

I did this section last June so bear in mind that the route has been altered since then but there certainly are/were some tricky sections not suitable for big bikes especially if travelling alone and you're not experienced in the dirt.
0 x
matumatu

Post by matumatu » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:20 am

Nico-D wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:17 pm
I did this section last June so bear in mind that the route has been altered since then but there certainly are/were some tricky sections not suitable for big bikes especially if travelling alone and you're not experienced in the dirt.
Thank you for your feedback, I'm not surprised that is what I was fearing a bit.
0 x
Mac

Post by Mac » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:12 pm

Nico-D wrote:
The route that the wife and I were planning to take later this year will include a bit of section 6. Sounds like it may be a bit too challenging for us. Can you elaborate on where the trickiest sections are at all? In your experience could you detour/turn back when you get to the tricky bits or is it a case of once you are in you need to see it through.
0 x
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:26 pm

Mac wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:12 pm
Nico-D wrote:
The route that the wife and I were planning to take later this year will include a bit of section 6. Sounds like it may be a bit too challenging for us. Can you elaborate on where the trickiest sections are at all? In your experience could you detour/turn back when you get to the tricky bits or is it a case of once you are in you need to see it through.
Well section 6 is down in Aude and Ariege - north side of Pyrenees - not the Auvergne which I was talking about. I haven't done section 6 but some mates did last year and I believe it's pretty straightforward.
Section 2 has been altered since I went that way last June so can't comment on that but the few tricky bits ( for big bikes /inexperienced riders ) I were referring to were north of Aurillac in Cantal and Puy de Dome ( this route has also changed a bit in latest version though )

I rode section 4 last September and that is a great route, well worth doing imho, I really enjoyed the Ardeche and Lozere.
0 x
Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:55 pm

Nico-D wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:26 pm
Mac wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:12 pm
Nico-D wrote:
Well section 6 is down in Aude and Ariege - north side of Pyrenees - not the Auvergne which I was talking about. I haven't done section 6 but some mates did last year and I believe it's pretty straightforward.
Section 2 has been altered since I went that way last June so can't comment on that but the few tricky bits ( for big bikes /inexperienced riders ) I were referring to were north of Aurillac in Cantal and Puy de Dome ( this route has also changed a bit in latest version though )

I rode section 4 last September and that is a great route, well worth doing imho, I really enjoyed the Ardeche and Lozere.
Hmm, not quite sure where I got the section 6 thing from. Perhaps I was reading 2 posts at the same time. Anyway Checking the parts of the route that we may be travelling on looks like we were possibly going to pick up the TET just north of Aurillac. We are still undecided though and not sure how much time we have so are very open minded at this stage. At the moment we think we may pick up the route some point in section 2 and then head west along section 6 and 9 to the coast. Thats what we would like to do but its a lot of distance. We will likely straighten it out a lot on the way. Section 4 sounds good but unfortunately its in the wrong direction for us. Maybe a future trip.

Thanks for the info. Really appreciated
0 x
Froggy
Linesman

Post by Froggy » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:50 pm

Thanks Nico-D, it's been a pleasure to create and rec this section 4 Aand I'm pleased that you've enjoy our work!
0 x
It's not about the destination, it's about the Journey

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)