The full Monte

Multi-Country trip planning. Find buddies for your very own TET-à-TET

Moderators: Froggy, Don T

Lizzard323

The full Monte

Post by Lizzard323 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:59 pm

I'm in Florida and need suggestions on riding the TET.

I am in the initial planning stages of riding the entire TET. It would be done over one month at a time while stopping to enjoy the sights. I have a KLR650 that I rode to Tuktoyaktuk this last June and the TAT a few years ago. It has 61,000km and I know it well. Too big? Too heavy?

If I wanted to ride the entire route where would y'all suggest I start and end?

If the start was in Spain (looking at the TET map) could I fly my bike into somewhere close to the start? Are there any big issues in doing this? Should I buy a bike there instead? I know once I bring my bike in it might have to stay when I am done years later.

Are there places to "store" the bike enroute? I know of the great place in Croatia.

There are no doubt many things I have not considered but those issues above get me started. I would like to start this May and be there a month to five weeks.

Thanks,
Eddie
0 x
Lizzard323

Re: The full Monte

Post by Lizzard323 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:19 pm

You know, as I continue to research this adventure I see the "search" function on the FB page so I search KLR650 and it seems to be an ok bike for the TET. I will bring some parts but mostly see bringing what I need (or think) when I come over each time. Not a big deal. Bigger things like flying it in and where to start to ride the whole thing.
0 x