BIKE OPTIONS WHEN DOING TET FROM OVERSEAS

Choice and preparation

Moderator: Spietfriek

Trebor01

Re: BIKE OPTIONS WHEN DOING TET FROM OVERSEAS

Post by Trebor01 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:52 am

So thought i would do an update.Will be as diplomatic as I can but not happy..Partly i assume people know what their doing and also liked to give someone a go.But didnt really work as expected.Wasted so much of my holiday time sorting shit for this bike.From turning up to a very unprofessinal looking workshop .Lacking in tools and equipment needed to build a adv bike.Spent all night building half arsed racks that to be honesyt would throw in bin end of trip.This is what you do when spent years saving and paid Fxxkin 5000£ for.Understand overseas we are prepared to pay more for turn up n ride on a buy back .No usb wired in or gps ...that took 4 hrs !!!!No parts etc .Dont wish to go on but suffice to say cant recommend at all.Nothing personal.,great bloke and rider but as a businees not viable .Dont wont to get into negative and will put it down to experience as just want to get on with holiday
0 x
Ard
Linesman

Post by Ard » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:52 am

Well that's a shame ! Sorry to hear about your experience.
0 x
Life is as good as you make it. Do not expect anyone else to do that for you.

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
Trebor01

Post by Trebor01 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:56 am

So to Finalise this post.Hard for me to do because went with high Expectations etc .Belief in World wide Brother Hood etc.Totally Scammed seem,s from my End anyway.So got there after 28 hr flight and couple days in London.Up too pick up bike.Nowhere near Ready.Had to make my own pannier Racks for fucksa Sake.Then Cheeky prick even charged me more .So anyway just want to get on the road .First Person,Bike Mech, to see/ hear Bike says "your Clutch is Fucked.,How far you think your going " Wise words that I was reminded of 6 weeks later.So being WR 450 kept oil changes up to it .Bit like my xr600 that ive done 15000km on .And Better bike.3000miles later after doing lot of TET Balkans etc gearbox blows up in Italy.Due to paper work etc sold bike so could leave country.In process did find out that speedo had been changed .I was never told. Apparently you can get all or some of money back.So contacted Brian to try and get address of Last owner assuming would be helped and get some compensation. Would never give up old owners address .Consumer Affairs could do nothing.This is not about what bike I was using etc .This is about being sold a bike that was Fucked from Day one . Poorly Prepared . Also if you ever buy a bike off Simon Viet Wilson or Brian Eland .Be real Careful .Real Careful.There is Lot more to this story and Definitely not in The Spirit of TET as I had Hoped.Peace Out
0 x
Speedy

Post by Speedy » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:13 pm

Sorry to hear about this .
In Europe it is not so common to buy -ride -and resell a bike or car after the intended use .
despite this , you were certainly not too lucky with that bike .
the final decision is always yours in accepting a bike that ,from what i learn was not up to your expectation and neither up to standard for the work it was intended .
0 x
Trebor01

Post by Trebor01 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:07 am

Speedy wrote:Sorry to hear about this .
In Europe it is not so common to buy -ride -and resell a bike or car after the intended use .
despite this , you were certainly not too lucky with that bike .
the final decision is always yours in accepting a bike that ,from what i learn was not up to your expectation and neither up to standard for the work it was intended .
Yeh .Initally we were going to setup couple bikes for Buy n sell.Actually did find few places but wanted to start our/my own .Thanks for Comment

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

0 x
Redballrun
TET Puppetmaster

Post by Redballrun » Tue May 21, 2019 4:21 pm

0 x
Trans Euro Trail HQ
KTM 690 RFR, Yamaha XT600Z 3AJ
E-mail: info@transeurotrail.org

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)