GPX dla tomtom rider 400

Moderator: Mirek

estebandf

Re: GPX dla tomtom rider 400

Post by estebandf » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:41 am

mazi wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:15 pm
It looks that you'r right. I check details of track loaded to tomtom and this displayed on locus and tomtom navigates only trough roads available on their map. :-(
It's quite disappointing that the TomTom does not have that feature, and even more that they don't plan to include it (as far as I know)

However you can use Locus Maps app (android), with free maps from openandromaps (Open street maps based). Locus will try to guide you while on a track regardless whether routes exist or not. It will look for sharp turns or similar features and point that to you. It also has a feature that if you deviates from the track, it shows how far (straight line) are you from it. You can also rejoin the track at any point and it will pick up from there. Great app with lots of features. I use both the TomTom and Locus depending on the situation.

Cheers.
0 x
LukiWawa

Post by LukiWawa » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:19 am

mazi wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:45 pm
I just bought water proof case for my mobile and will be using OsmAnd navi. I hope it will be good enough.
It should be fine :) Be careful about device overheat in case.
0 x
BMW F800GS ADV
LukiWawa

Post by LukiWawa » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:22 am

estebandf wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:41 am
mazi wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:15 pm
It looks that you'r right. I check details of track loaded to tomtom and this displayed on locus and tomtom navigates only trough roads available on their map. :-(
It's quite disappointing that the TomTom does not have that feature, and even more that they don't plan to include it (as far as I know)
Unfortunately, for off-road riding (as dedicated device) is only one option: Garmin
0 x
BMW F800GS ADV