Insurance at Strmica border crossing

Moderator: Dar Win

Guillaume Montreal

Insurance at Strmica border crossing

Post by Guillaume Montreal » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:39 am

Hello,

We will be riding the TET from Croatia to Bosnia, so entering via border crossing at Strmica.

My researches indicate that there is no insurance office at that border. We have green card insurance that do not cover Bosnia.

Does this mean we have to ride to the nearest bigger border crossing (Kamensko) to get insurance (a 200km detour, there and back)? Or is there a way to get insurance at Strmica border crossing? I read on some forums that at smaller border crossing the border officers can call the nearest town and have the insurance broker come to the border.

Thank you!
0 x
motorang

Re: Insurance at Strmica border crossing

Post by motorang » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:34 pm

Hi
you could try to get insurance in Knin. At the Strmica border there is pretty much nothing except some sheds for the police and customs.

Euroherc is one of the three insurance companies that are available in Kamensko, Sunce and Croatia being the other two.

They have an office listed in Knin, and some more offices all over Croatia, possibly on your way, and an English website:
https://www.euroherc.hr/en/contact/

Andy
0 x
Guillaume Montreal

Post by Guillaume Montreal » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:08 pm

Thank you very much for this info.

We are going to try this tomorrow. I will come back here to say how it went.
0 x
Guillaume Montreal

Post by Guillaume Montreal » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:45 am

We had no luck finding Bosnian insurance in Croatia. Nobody wants to sell it for foreigne plated motorcycles.

We ended up going to Kamensko border where we could buy insurance for 10 euros for one week. We then rode back to Glamoc to reconnect with TET.

All in all I would say this didn't add too much kilometers and was not difficult at all.
0 x