Fuel range needed for TET

Who, what, why, our ethos, aim and FAQs
Guillaume Montreal

Fuel range needed for TET

Post by Guillaume Montreal » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:24 pm

Hello,

We ship two WR250R from Canada to Venice to embark for two months on TET Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Turkey and Bulgaria. The problem is Air Canada won't let me carry my rotopax (spare fuel canister) on the bike while its transported on the plane.

We have bigger tanks on the bike (11 liters) and that will give us a range of about 200-250km. Would that range be enough on the countries we plan to cover? What about the entire TET (that is the plan over the years)?

I read somewhere that fuel availability in Europe was not the same as here in North America. Where I ride it is not uncommon to require range over 300km.

Thank you!
0 x
Oleksii
Linesman

Re: Fuel range needed for TET

Post by Oleksii » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:13 pm

Besides Turkey (haven’t been there on bike yet), you should be fine, you can always take a 2L bottle with fuel for a day when heading to the unknown or uncertain. And it’s part of adventure and unforgettable experience sourcing some fuel from locals. Safe travels!
p.s. you can buy a rotopax in Europe as well ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x
I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
KTM 640 Adventure
KTM 690 RFR
KTM 1190 Adventure
Didado

Re: Fuel range needed for TET

Post by Didado » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:54 pm

I lived in the States for 9 years. Many places in the US and Canada are much more remote then most of the EU. Fuel should not be a problem and as Oleksil mentioned a fuel bottle will do the trick for those few instances it might be a problem
0 x