TET Finland linesman says hello

Moderator: Rev

Rev
Administrator

TET Finland linesman says hello

Post by Rev » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:02 pm

Just a hello from your linesman for Finland :D

I'll be preparing a revised version of the Finnish TET over the winter (particularly the Southern part) in order to ride and recce it as early as possible next season. My idea is to shift the TET further West for the first few days and rejoin the original route somewhere around Nurmes. I have ideas for tracks between Jyväskylä and Kuopio for example, or even further west between the Forssa region and Kankaanpää.

Please comment below if you can help! Tips, routes, gpx files, ideas... anything is welcome! I'll also include POIs for interesting sites and places in the revised map, so I'm happy to hear about those too! :-)

I can't offer anything in return except for maybe a few beers, so it's really just for the TET community and the warm feeling of doing something good :confusion-helpsign: :greetings-waveyellow:

Rev
0 x
No guts, no glory :D

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
gozamite

Re: TET Finland linesman says hello

Post by gozamite » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:47 pm

I used few minutes to think about this. I think the route to Hameenlinna could go from Vihti - Rayskala - Renko... There are few hard parts and quite a lot of very small road too.
Here is the link to the route. The route goes to the northside of Hameenlinna also but this area is not so familiar to me.
Last edited by gozamite on Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Rev
Administrator

Post by Rev » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:56 pm

gozamite wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:47 pm
I used few minutes to think about this. I think the route to Hameenlinna could go from Vihti - Rayskala - Renko... There are few hard parts and quite a lot of very small road too.
Thanks for your input, gozamite! I think you are definitely right about that area... I know Hämeenlinna and its surroundings to some degree, but I didn't really have a route at hand, so thank you very much for that! I'll save it and incorporate it in version 2.0 where it makes sense :-)

So, I guess you are living in the Helsinki area? ;-)
0 x

gozamite

Post by gozamite » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:21 pm

Rev wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:56 pm
gozamite wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:47 pm
So, I guess you are living in the Helsinki area? ;-)
Yes I am. On the westside... This Kirkkonummi - Siuntio - Inkoo - Lohja - area I know quite well.
0 x
Rev
Administrator

Post by Rev » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:21 pm

Can I come back to you in spring next year? Would be great if I could show you what I got up to that point. Would love to have your opinion. :)
0 x

gozamite

Post by gozamite » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:36 pm

Rev wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:21 pm
Can I come back to you in spring next year? Would be great if I could show you what I got up to that point. Would love to have your opinion. :)
Ofcourse!! I would be happy to help in anyway...
1 x
Rev
Administrator

Post by Rev » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:45 pm

Fanstastic! Thanks, mate! :)
0 x

SaPeKa

Post by SaPeKa » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi,

You can also discuss/ask help for Finnish route options in Pohjolan Kurapyöräilijät -forum. There is a lot of experience and english will do fine.
http://www.matkaendurot.net/forum/index.php
https://www.facebook.com/groups/6956606490/

br, Sami
1 x
Rev
Administrator

Post by Rev » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:32 pm

Thanks, Sami. I'll look into it :)
0 x

gozamite

Post by gozamite » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:09 am

I'm quite deep into www.motocaching.net... If you didn't check the site yet I can give you a short introduction: Riders can make their favorite rides (and places) as a "cache" (like geocache), but we don't hide anything. You can see these routes and places in the map and when you ride one you will make a "log as found" with comments.
The best part of this is the comments! If anyone notice any good (or bad) about the route he will probably tell about it. This way all the information about the route (or place) stays updated.
We will soon have 3000 routes and places to ride all around the world! (From the map you will find the endurorides if you change the filter of road types to 3-4). And this started from Finland... We don't have users too much from anywhere else -yet!
0 x