Bits and pieces of TET on a WR250R

Multi-Country trip planning. Find buddies for your very own TET-à-TET

Moderators: Don T, Froggy

Motobeppe

Bits and pieces of TET on a WR250R

Post by Motobeppe » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi All,

First post....and a bit lost ..... :P

I am from Italy but moved to Norway and decided to bring my bike to live with me in the north :D

So, with this in mind, I thought to start my TET 'activity' and ride some parts of the TET between Italy and France and then heading north.

I won't have time and equipments to ride TET all the way from Italy to Norway but my plan is to try some easy bits first.

This brings to my first question: what's the first thing to do in relation to navigation? I have a Garmin GPS map 62st. Can I load the track from TET website into Basecamp and then from there to my Garmin? Is there a link where to go and have a look at how to do it?

Thanks and peace!
0 x
Hkon89

Re: Bits and pieces of TET on a WR250R

Post by Hkon89 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:39 pm

I don't know how Garmin works, but I think it's better than my Tomtom Rider, which won't show you the route if it doesn't recognize the roads. It works with the Swedish southern part, but wouldn't show any parts of the Norwegian southern TET. I had to use my phone, I downloaded an app called GPX Viewer and mounted with a RAM mount, worked very well. I do believe Garmin is better, but if you're having troubles I would use my phone.

Buon viaggio, e se tu hai bisogno di aiuta, non hesitare di chiedere (parlo un po' italiano, ma non tutto bene).
0 x
Motobeppe

Post by Motobeppe » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:00 pm

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Actually I thought about the option to use the phone instead of the Garmin because my 62 is a bit old now. Will see which one is working better. I will try to post some updates of my travel if I manage.
0 x
Didado

Post by Didado » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:12 am

You are posting the navigation question in the wrong part of the forum. Also use a title describing the actual question will help you enormously. And last... The question has been answered in detail in the navigation section of the forum :P
0 x
TriumphantTiger

Post by TriumphantTiger » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:32 pm

Hi Motobeppe,

yes, you can download the gpx files from the country sites on tet, then import them to Basecamp and send them to your Garmin device when it's connected to your computer.

I'm not sure how to access it on your device, but on my zumo it's listed under routes and I can start navigation to the start of the route.

I have one question for you, as I will also be moving to Norway next year.
Do you have to pay tax in order to import your motorcycle? I have read that customs will require you to pay 25% of the bikes value (?!) as tax when you import your bike.

Thank you!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

0 x
Motobeppe

Post by Motobeppe » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:02 pm

TriumphantTiger wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:32 pm
Hi Motobeppe,

yes, you can download the gpx files from the country sites on tet, then import them to Basecamp and send them to your Garmin device when it's connected to your computer.

I'm not sure how to access it on your device, but on my zumo it's listed under routes and I can start navigation to the start of the route.

I have one question for you, as I will also be moving to Norway next year.
Do you have to pay tax in order to import your motorcycle? I have read that customs will require you to pay 25% of the bikes value (?!) as tax when you import your bike.

Thank you!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Hi! Thanks for our answer/suggestion :handgestures-thumbup:

Yes. If you want to import your motorbike in Norway you have to provide a document that shows how much you paid for it in your own country (if you bought it new or used) or if you don't have any receipt of purchase, the customs will evaluate the value for you and yes, you have to pay the 25% of that value.
Also do not fotget: there will be to pay a 'once for all' tax to the tax office too.

Good luck!
0 x