May Trip - route tweaks

Moderator: Simon_100

nick.murphy

May Trip - route tweaks

Post by nick.murphy » Mon May 27, 2019 8:43 am

Hi,

We've been back about a week from 6 days doing the eastern Pyrenees routes on enduro bikes. Loved it :) what a blast.

Thank you Simon and TET...
A few points to note about the summer eastern route.
1) There is a washed out bridge and road just (about 5km) east of Setcases. Could well be fixed by now... very precarious on an enduro.
2) Further east on the same section (about 10-15km). As you start the climb up (and you do go up ), you are on the "cami de setcases a Espinavell"
(449413E 4692306N) near Plana Joliva. The route (gpx) doubles back up a steep windy track with lots of electric fences and through a working farm! The farmer will let
you know in no uncertain terms you are not wanted. Instead ignore the double back, stay on the main forest track and you will reconnect with the route about 500m further on.

==========================================
I'm aware that this may not be the place to debate this ... but there were two of us on enduro bikes and we had a fun time... I would not say the same if I was on an adventure
bike (perhaps because I'm not skilled or brave). There will always be sections when you are challenged on a 220kilo bike that a 110 kilo bike flies over... literally... on the road
... in the twisty mountain sections between trials ... you can play supermoto on an enduro :)....

My point is ... if you have an enduro (you know already) you will have a blast :)

Thanks again Simon ... a great experience ... we're definitely coming back !

Nick
0 x
Simon_100
Linesman

Re: May Trip - route tweaks

Post by Simon_100 » Tue May 28, 2019 10:24 am

Hi Nick,

Glad to know that you had a good time.

I think your washed out bridge may be this known hazard:

Any thoughts? Did it look like someone was fixing it?

Re, the working farm: Wow, that's a bloomer! This section was given to me by Xavi Ajona, who is extremely cautious with his trails! It took a bit of finding as your co-ords didn't work on Basecanp nor Google but thanks to "Plana Joliva" I found it on a Wikiloc walking route even though it's not mentioned by name on any of my maps ...

Sod's Law that I've just posted an update but it's really important so will have to do it over again ...

Re: enduro bikes. Well the TET is free to everyone but full on enduro bikes will - and do - draw sometime unwanted attention ...

Thanks Nick.

Simon
0 x
Visit thespanishbiker.com, 'The essential companion to biking in Spain' :P

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
Fremder

Post by Fremder » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:37 pm

Hi

Also we enjoyed a 6 day tour on the eastern part of the Pyrenees trail. It was a beautiful trip with different landscapes from mediterranean to alpine.
We loved it and are looking forward to see the western parts.

Thank you Simon!

Btw. The trail near Setcases is repaired and can be passed easiliy.

Axel

Last edited by Fremder on Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Simon_100
Linesman

Post by Simon_100 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:08 pm

Thanks Axel, it's always really great to get some feedback! :)

I'm about to post an update so the info about the trail at Setcases is really timely!

Simon
0 x
Visit thespanishbiker.com, 'The essential companion to biking in Spain' :P

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)