Simon_100
Linesman

Re: TET Spain Country Page and Linesman Contact

Post by Simon_100 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 am

Redballrun wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:07 pm
Country Page: http://www.transeurotrail.org/spain

Linesman: E@transeurotrail.org
That's me, Simon Rice often known as 'The Spanish Biker' although I'm not Spanish and that's the name of my web page. :D

Regs

Simon
1 x
Visit thespanishbiker.com, 'The essential companion to biking in Spain' :P

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
Domtrails

Post by Domtrails » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:26 pm

HI guys, I am new to this but just a quick question......are the routes the routes and thats it or is this a thing that is in movement..¿? I ask as the routes around me are way up in the mountains (that means they are closed all winter) and I would like to try and make a route like the Vibration routes from the french border down the coast towards valencia and maybe beyond....what are your thoughts ¿?
Regards
Dom
0 x
Una Via Cor Unam
Simon_100
Linesman

Post by Simon_100 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:42 am

Hi Dom,

The simple answer is that the TET isn't 'fixed' and will always evolve as the trails change and we work through more possible routes. At them moment the priority is to get the northern route to Portugal up and running - there are two sections south of the Cordillera Cantabrica that have problems, on is a Reserva Natural where the train are closed to motors and the other a section where lots of farmers have ploughed over the trails.

Meanwhile I0m hoping to plot a route from Tarifa right up to the French border, but that's down to time and money ...

I have several sections that I've ridden but they are a long way short of an entire route. So if you have ay suggestions let me know! :)

Regs

Simon
0 x

Norfolk Nick

Post by Norfolk Nick » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi.. I'm planning to try the TET from south of Santander to Fisterra then down to Portugal during the first two weeks of April next year.. How's the local situation regarding the route at the moment? Am I going to see snow at that time of year on this section? Any advice and guidance at this stage would be very helpful.. Cheers
0 x
goofys

Post by goofys » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:00 pm

Domtrails wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:26 pm
HI guys, I am new to this but just a quick question......are the routes the routes and thats it or is this a thing that is in movement..¿? I ask as the routes around me are way up in the mountains (that means they are closed all winter) and I would like to try and make a route like the Vibration routes from the french border down the coast towards valencia and maybe beyond....what are your thoughts ¿?
Regards
Dom
You can actually use the Vibraction roadbooks. RB18, 19 and 20 is the trip You want to do :P
0 x
Simon_100
Linesman

Post by Simon_100 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:57 am

Norfolk Nick wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:30 pm
Hi.. I'm planning to try the TET from south of Santander to Fisterra then down to Portugal during the first two weeks of April next year.. How's the local situation regarding the route at the moment? Am I going to see snow at that time of year on this section? Any advice and guidance at this stage would be very helpful.. Cheers
Hi. You are quite likely to find residual snow in sheltered places and new snow falling above about 1,500 - although that can vary greatly so you'd need to watch https://www.yr.no/place/Europa/ for local conditions.

Regarding the trails. The best way to get to the TET form Santander is to join it at Cervera de Pisuerga. But the first section west from there has been 'converted' into fields and the chap who found this suggests that the road alternative was a gas ... I won't be able to get over there until late May early June but I'm trying to work a route 'remotely'.

Enjoy!

Simon
0 x

JTR1200GSA

Post by JTR1200GSA » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:32 am

Just found and joined this forum and wanted to say Hi and thanks to all who have made it possible!

Riding a R1200GSA with medium experience on off-road riding and willing to try as much sectors as possible, specially on area where I live, Catalunya.

Is there any way of identifying different sectors by its difficulties or level of skills?

Kind regards!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
0 x
Simon_100
Linesman

Post by Simon_100 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:07 am

Hi, welcome to the Forum.

Regarding identifying difficulty levels then strictly speaking no. The Spain TET does identify some known 'black spots' but these aren't an exhaustive list and in any even trails can vary due to weather conditions, etc. - some are even washed away altogether!

You should read the guidelines on the TET home page for suitability but note than in Spain trails must be at least 4 meters wide for any motorized access, hence most trails are relatively easy.

I also live in Catalonia, in Tremp, where are you based?

Regards

Simon
0 x

JTR1200GSA

Post by JTR1200GSA » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:37 am

Hi!!

I'm native from Girona, but I do have actually residence in Barcelona area.

Just for general knowledge, I had a kind conversation just last year with Seprona agents (mountain guards) and it's not completely true the generally accepted rule of the 4 m, and I think it would be good to know to everyone.

For a group "organized" route with several bikes/cars, involving a decent amount of vehicles (15-20 roughly) it's 100% true this rule, and riding on narrower roads will motsly sure get fined if caught.

For a reduced amount of vehicles (groups of 4-5) you can ride anywhere you can arrive with your common sense....assuming sometimes this isn't the most common of senses on human beings! :greetings-waveyellow:

You can ride though more or less anywhere that you don't see any specific indication forbidding access to motorized vehicles...or private roads/paths.

It was supposed to make like a green map indication all roads opened/closed ....but this has never been made by adminsitrations and Seprona or Forestals can not fine you for riding even if it's narrower than 4 m wide if path it's not clearly indentified as not to be riden.
0 x