TET with 4x4?

Off-Topic stuff

Moderators: Don T, Froggy

cruiserpatrol

TET with 4x4?

Post by cruiserpatrol » Mon May 07, 2018 8:22 pm

Hi!
I love dirt roads, and I love driving! However, I am not a biker. Instead, I have a nice Nissan Patrol 4x4 (and a Toyota Land Cruiser) and I am planning to drive from Sweden to Albania this summer. It would be awesome to drive (at least part of) the TET. Is it possible to do by car (advanced 4x4)?

Cheers,
Bengt
0 x
Nomad

Re: TET with 4x4?

Post by Nomad » Thu May 10, 2018 12:38 pm

In the UK there are several green roads used by the TET that are restricted to two wheeled vehicles only (or occasionally with weight limits or width limits (typically 1.5 metres) to achieve the same thing).
1 x
Tony Ferrari
www.nomadracing.co.uk
KTM 690 Enduro & KTM 450EXC Rally
Don T
Linesman

Post by Don T » Mon May 14, 2018 8:02 pm

The TET is created solely with motorcycles in mind. The result is that many of the off road/trail sections is impassable with a 4X4 - hell even bigger bikes will have difficulties navigating several sections.
I would not recommend that you use the TET for your trip to Albania. You will be better off getting inspiration/finding tracks on dedicated 4X4 forums.

Have a great trip.
1 x
Riding a Super Ténéré - if it was good enough for Stéphane, it's good enough for me :lol
I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
Froggy
Linesman

Post by Froggy » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:27 am

Hello Cruiser Patrol, have a look on this website which have been design for off road vehicle:
http://www.voyage4x4.com/ you've have Albania!
0 x
It's not about the destination, it's about the Journey

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)