Devon.

MikeBarnacle

Devon.

Post by MikeBarnacle » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:22 am

Hi all,

I am new here but have been an active DevonTRF member for a few years, I was just wondering are there reasons certain parts of the UK are avoided. Devon for example has masses of lanes, byways (and tea rooms) all with many amazing views to offer. I just wondered why some of it isn’t included on the TET that’s all.

I plan to do the UK leg this year over the spring/summer on my Africa twin and am really looking forward to the challenge.
0 x
Redballrun
TET Puppetmaster

Re: Devon.

Post by Redballrun » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:43 pm

Not avoiding just lacking info. It would be fab if the TET could loop through Devon. Let us know via email if you have a nice loop that would work.
0 x
Trans Euro Trail HQ
KTM 690 RFR, Yamaha XT600Z 3AJ
E-mail: info@transeurotrail.org

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
MikeBarnacle

Post by MikeBarnacle » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:14 pm

I can certainly make one to add to the route,I will try and give you as much info about the route as I can too. Plenty of camping down this way! Even wild camping on Dartmoor
Give me a month or so and I will plan and ride one. Will see I can’t video some of it to make it more appealing.

Anything I should consider/keep in my mind when riding it?
0 x
MikeBarnacle

Post by MikeBarnacle » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:15 pm

Been out today and have put a few parts of the puzzle together. How much road work is acceptable.... if it was scenic etc, thinking small roads through Dartmoor/exmoor and the coast lines.
0 x
Redballrun
TET Puppetmaster

Post by Redballrun » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:06 am

The TET is intended to be off pavement. If needs must or there is something unmissable near by then tar. We're hoping people will dip off the TET spine to look at sights etc of their own volition
0 x
Trans Euro Trail HQ
KTM 690 RFR, Yamaha XT600Z 3AJ
E-mail: info@transeurotrail.org

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
toppsoff

Post by toppsoff » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:21 pm

How did this come on? Are we any nearer routing down into the South West?

The challenge might possibly coming back up through Somerset & Wilts to join at Sailsbury......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x
Brian Eland

Post by Brian Eland » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:10 am

MikeBarnacle wrote:I can certainly make one to add to the route,I will try and give you as much info about the route as I can too. Plenty of camping down this way! Even wild camping on Dartmoor
Give me a month or so and I will plan and ride one. Will see I can’t video some of it to make it more appealing.

Anything I should consider/keep in my mind when riding it?
Yes a extra loop into Devon/Cornwall is a dream for me I’ve only ever trail rode a couple of times down that way send me the route via the GB linesman email address and I’ll look at getting it included

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x
Brian Eland.
About me www.facebook.com/brian.eland
TET Trans Euro Training
www.facebook.com/TransEuroTraning
Brian Eland Motorcycles.
@Brian Eland Motorcycles
Tyres, Tubes, Big Tanks, Handguards, Levers, Preparation. Guided Trail riding, Garmin GPS.
MikeBarnacle

Post by MikeBarnacle » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:51 pm

Sorry I went so quiet on this. I’ve had a big change in my life and had to relocate.... but I have gone south to the Devon Dorset boarder!
To get this Devon leg included I could really do with some help/time from someone who knows a way from the Salisbury plains to the Dorchester ish area, I can then with ease take it from there up to north Devon. Barnstaple area and Bideford area as these are ingrained in my brain.
(I’m living near axminster now).
If anyone wants to help or see if we can sort out some kind of meet up please let me know
0 x
RUSSELLHR

Post by RUSSELLHR » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:49 pm

I think somebody beat you to it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwmAtLpe2-k
0 x
philmaxigood

Post by philmaxigood » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:36 pm

Redballrun wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:06 am
The TET is intended to be off pavement. If needs must or there is something unmissable near by then tar. We're hoping people will dip off the TET spine to look at sights etc of their own volition
All off-road! In Sussex ! I think not.

Please don't discourage the chap in Devon.
0 x