TET Spain Country Page and Linesman Contact

Moderator: Simon_100

JTR1200GSA

Re: TET Spain Country Page and Linesman Contact

Post by JTR1200GSA » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:37 am

Hi!!

I'm native from Girona, but I do have actually residence in Barcelona area.

Just for general knowledge, I had a kind conversation just last year with Seprona agents (mountain guards) and it's not completely true the generally accepted rule of the 4 m, and I think it would be good to know to everyone.

For a group "organized" route with several bikes/cars, involving a decent amount of vehicles (15-20 roughly) it's 100% true this rule, and riding on narrower roads will motsly sure get fined if caught.

For a reduced amount of vehicles (groups of 4-5) you can ride anywhere you can arrive with your common sense....assuming sometimes this isn't the most common of senses on human beings! :)

You can ride though more or less anywhere that you don't see any specific indication forbidding acces to motorized vehicles...or private roads/paths.

It was supposed to make like a green map indication all roads opened/closed ....but this has never been made by adminsitrations and Seprona or Forestals can not fine you for riding even if it's narrower than 4 m wide if path it's not clearly indentified as not to be riden.
0 x
Simon_100
Linesman

Post by Simon_100 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:26 am

Hi, thanks for this.

The 4 meter rule is in the Ley de Montes as I'm sure you know - likewise that Catalonia tried to have this reduced to 3.5 meters but that legislation was overturned in Madrid ...

You and I both know that SEPRONA are very pragmatical when it comes to enforcing rules and regulations, taking the common sense approach for which from personal experience, nothing to do with bikes or traffic, I genuinely admire them. But as Linesman I feel that all I can do is quote the laws as clearly as possible as it's not my place to advise people whether to abide by the same - and in any event, I'm sure that if riders were being seriously disrespectful, say riding at over 80 kph, then SEPRONA or the Forestals would use any legislation they could ...

I also knew that the 2015 revision of the Ley de Montes requires trails to be catalogued and classified as open or not but have no idea how much of this has been done, very little I think, but I expected that in Catalonia the process would be more advanced than you are saying, it certainly is in Temp as I know from asking permissions to hold events on certain closed trails.

But I did the same in Teruel a few years ago, working alongside the Provincial Environmental Department in a project that included over twenty ajuntamientos and it was chaos! The following years the guys in the Department just threw up their hands and said, "Ride safe, enjoy!" :)

Thanks for the update!

Simon
0 x
Visit thespanishbiker.com, 'The essential companion to biking in Spain' :P

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
Varalad

Post by Varalad » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:29 pm

Hi and a big thanks to the linesman for the routes, I am trying to download the current gpx files from the web page and they wont download for me,any help advice would be appreciated

Regards

Pat
0 x
Simon_100
Linesman

Post by Simon_100 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:33 am

Try posting this over in the 'Help' section, https://transeurotrail.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=26, that's where the clever moderators are!

Regs

Simon
0 x
Visit thespanishbiker.com, 'The essential companion to biking in Spain' :P

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)