New Mediterranean route in Spain?

Moderator: Simon_100

alanholt

Re: New Mediterranean route in Spain?

Post by alanholt » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:34 pm

I have a friend who is a 3 minute ride away who can take another 3 tents :)
0 x
Guided motorbike tours in Spain - www.spanishmotorbiketours.co.uk
Simon_100
Linesman

Post by Simon_100 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:58 am

alanholt wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:34 pm
I have a friend who is a 3 minute ride away who can take another 3 tents :)
It may be worth you while checking out the 'mother' rule, El artículo 46.1, from the Ley de Montes. Which states (in my translation) that, “Apart from tourist camp sites no more than three tents of caravans may be placed at the same location, nor should there be more than 10 campers, nor may the camp be in place for more than three days. Tents and (caravans) within 500 metres of each other are considered to be part of the same group."

I now that each region can have its own interpretation of this in detail as can the local council - at Ajuntament level Alan - but my interpretation is that this would apply to any land, including one private property like yours. So that as long as you spread groups of three rents around a bit, which may people would do anyway if they stick to their friends, you should be OK, even if you all ate together around the BBQ, etc.

I found this interesting interpretation of the rule on a blog sponsored by Eroski (a big supermarket chain here) of all places! Again in my translation, "In this way, a controlled camping can be carried out in an itinerant way, and in these conditions. The itinerant tourism refers to the forward tourism, when it moves from one place to another without taking a base of operations, to then visit the area. On the other hand, other communities define the possibility of camping in "regime of crossing", that is to say, when mountain crossings are made, to areas of difficult access to which only it can be reached on foot."

Well the TET/HISS certainly meets that bill!

Regs

Simon

PS Alan, you should promote yourself at the Aragon Moto GP, Ive known people stay as far away as Lleida to attend as there's precious little accommodation at Alcañiz!

"
0 x
Visit thespanishbiker.com, 'The essential companion to biking in Spain' :P

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
alanholt

Post by alanholt » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:00 am

We had some Canadians stay with us last year for the MotoGP at Aragon. They didn't mind getting up at 6am to drive an hour to the circuit if it meant they could return to our farm afterwards and enjoy its stunning location. For those attending on bikes, you couldn't wish for a better journey on-road, especially if you take the Mequinenza-Caspe-Alcaniz route, and the unofficial road-races along that route after the racing are fun also.
0 x
Guided motorbike tours in Spain - www.spanishmotorbiketours.co.uk
jvh100

Post by jvh100 » Sat May 04, 2019 4:39 pm

I'm the friend Alan refers to. We are able to provide self catering accommodation in a 5metre bell tent (see our website link in profile) for pictures. You can if you wish also put your own tents up bit a max of 3 and no more than 10 people so we stay legal. Also, NO campfires or barbeque s permitted between March and October due to fire regulations.
0 x
Tent accommodation (self catering) directly on the Catalonia TET route near Flix in Spain. Or put your own tent up. No more than 10 people and 3 tents max.
Simon_100
Linesman

Post by Simon_100 » Sun May 05, 2019 4:52 am

Great, could you send me the coords of your location and the link to your website asap and I'll get it on the TET :)
0 x
Visit thespanishbiker.com, 'The essential companion to biking in Spain' :P

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)