Riding end of December on Super Tenere XTZ 750

Moderator: fulviapaulo

spicywith

Riding end of December on Super Tenere XTZ 750

Post by spicywith » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:02 am

Bringing my XTZ 750 from the Canary Islands by ferry to Cadiz. Need to get up to Galicia by January and was thinking of riding up Portugal through the TET end of December. Couple questions:

- Is it feasible on a larger bike, like a 750?
- anybody interested in doing parts of it? Would be great to find some buddies to ride with.
- anybody have recommendations of iOS apps to use for the Gpx tracks and how to load them. Tried Galileo and some of the other ones but haven’t figured out how to load the gpx tracks. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x
jsocana

Re: Riding end of December on Super Tenere XTZ 750

Post by jsocana » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:32 am

spicywith wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:02 am
Bringing my XTZ 750 from the Canary Islands by ferry to Cadiz. Need to get up to Galicia by January and was thinking of riding up Portugal through the TET end of December. Couple questions:

- Is it feasible on a larger bike, like a 750?
- anybody interested in doing parts of it? Would be great to find some buddies to ride with.
- anybody have recommendations of iOS apps to use for the Gpx tracks and how to load them. Tried Galileo and some of the other ones but haven’t figured out how to load the gpx tracks. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi spicywith.

In respect to third point, I started testing Galileo two months ago and i think is one of the best ones; once you have the app installed you just have to open the GPX file telling the phone you want it to be opened with Galileo and it will be imported; this can be done with a file in a mail or previosly moved to the phone; at least, this works in Andriod phones. You can download maps of any area (better when connected to a wifi) and this will allow you to search for POIs such gas stations, hotels, campsites....

Hope this helps.
0 x
dibbs

Re: Riding end of December on Super Tenere XTZ 750

Post by dibbs » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:23 pm

Hi Spicywith
What island are you coming from? and how long was the ferry crossing to Cadiz? only i ask as i would like to ride from UK to Gran Canaria via portugal TET to Cadiz and wondered how long the crossing is!
Hope your trip is going well
0 x