Campsites along the Portugese TET?

Moderator: fulviapaulo

Didado

Campsites along the Portugese TET?

Post by Didado » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:33 pm

Three of us are going to ride the Portugese TET between the last week of september and the first week of oktober. Most likely section one in the North and a bit of the southern section.

Anyway, I've been doing some research and there seems to be hardly a campsite along the Portugese TET. I've tried every possible website and camping app but the campsites are extremely thinly spread to the point you can't plan on camping at all. Does anyone have any tips for campsites that are not listed on the obvious websites?

Thanx
0 x
Zipper2680

Re: Campsites along the Portugese TET?

Post by Zipper2680 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:18 pm

Hi. On google maps search for "parques de campismo" in the area you are looking for camping. Plenty of them.
Didado wrote:Three of us are going to ride the Portugese TET between the last week of september and the first week of oktober. Most likely section one in the North and a bit of the southern section.

Anyway, I've been doing some research and there seems to be hardly a campsite along the Portugese TET. I've tried every possible website and camping app but the campsites are extremely thinly spread to the point you can't plan on camping at all. Does anyone have any tips for campsites that are not listed on the obvious websites?

Thanx

Enviado do meu SM-J530F através do Tapatalk

0 x
Didado

Post by Didado » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:13 am

Thanx but I'm looking for campismo's along the TET, not more then a 100 km from the TET. Google your suggestion in the Northern part of the TET in Portugal and you will find almost none :romance-kisscheek:
0 x
Banzaibrothers

Post by Banzaibrothers » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:25 pm

Just wondered how you got on with your search for campsites please?
0 x
Didado

Post by Didado » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:19 am

Terrible :-) End of sept, beginning of oct. half of the very few campings were also closed. We often detoured like 25 km to find a camping so you better calculate at least an hour in the morning and an hour at the end of the day to go to or from the TET searching. (This was all in the northern half of the TET)
0 x
Banzaibrothers

Post by Banzaibrothers » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:38 am

Crikey! Thanks for the heads-up. Sounds like camping - at least at campsites - is a non-starter.

Thanks.
0 x
Didado

Post by Didado » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:21 am

Well we did camp but we also rented a cottage on a campground several times. And remember, we were there at the closing of the season. If it is in the season, it will be easier.
0 x
Banzaibrothers

Post by Banzaibrothers » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:17 am

OK, thanks. Heading there early May next year.
0 x