Some Sctions Tougher Than Others?

Moderator: fulviapaulo

Phaedrus

Some Sctions Tougher Than Others?

Post by Phaedrus » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:57 pm

I saw a comment recently that suggested the north of TET Portugal is pretty tough? I've been hoping to include all or most of TET Portugal in an Iberian tour this year, but as we're on big bikes, I might look at doing sections that are perhaps less challenging and more doable for us.

Any thoughts or comments?

TIA. :handgestures-thumbup:

Mark.
0 x
fulviapaulo
Linesman

Re: Some Sctions Tougher Than Others?

Post by fulviapaulo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:31 pm

It's true the northern part is harder than the center and south ones. That being said, a lot depends on your definition of "big bike", your own riding preferences and skills, if you'll be alone or in a group and, finally but not less important, weather and road conditions.

Answers to those questions will help what to advice and warn... :handgestures-thumbup:
1 x
I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
2006 BMW GSA1200
2003 Yamaha TT600RE
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:59 pm

RIDERS: 2.

BIKES: 1 x R1150GS, 1 x Super Tenere.

PREFERENCE: More interested in appreciating scenery and experience than getting air-time and crossing deep rivers...

SKILL LEVEL: Currently beginner-intermediate, but we will have done more trail-riding by the time of our trip (2nd half of September 2018).

Thanks dude. :handgestures-thumbup:
0 x
fulviapaulo
Linesman

Post by fulviapaulo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:59 pm

So... not wanting to put you off coming to Portugal...

Are those the bikes I'd recommend? No!
Is it doable with those bikes? Sure!
Will it be easy? Hell no! But it's also not a damn Hard Enduro course... (I'd say 10% will be hard but even that can change...)

There are some corrections being made now to the route, mainly in the N part. So, there will be new downloads in the mean time but they're points of small detours and such. The basic structure and directions will remain unchanged. Gather more experience, get to know your and your bike's limits and be prepared to some low mileage days. Other than that, just take it slow, stop for a bite and a glass of wine :obscene-drinkingbuddies: , enjoy the country and have fun!

Simple as that :D :handgestures-thumbup: And feel free to post all the questions you might have! Happy to help.
3 x
I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
2006 BMW GSA1200
2003 Yamaha TT600RE
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:24 am

Thanks. :handgestures-thumbup:

This trip will be a loop of Spain & Portugal, using a mix of both paved roads and TET. Our bikes should cope with both, even if they're not ideal for TET. That's why I'm seeking out the doable TET sections.

Thanks again. :P
0 x
Slowrider

Post by Slowrider » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:12 pm

Interesting and very helpful, many thanks for your good answers fulviapaulo.

I am going to be riding down to the South of Portugal end of March and spending a few days at Wim Motors Acadamy on my CB500X Rally Raid Level 3. This is mainly to help me understand my capabilities and what I am and I am not competent in doing. I will then apply this knowledge when riding the TET back to Santander. So, based on your comments, and my progress, I may think about missing the Northen section and detouring along more suitable tracks. I am still new to off road and trail riding and have another offroad training day before I set off to Portugal.
1 x
CB500 X with Rally Raid Level 3 Upgrade
Toured in : ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฎ ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
4bastien

Post by 4bastien » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:06 pm

hi guys,
I read that this north part could be hard for heavy bike, then someone could tell me how long is this difficult part (at what km from north, the track become more easy)?
thanks in advance
0 x