Portugal end of february-CANCELLED!

Moderator: fulviapaulo

Harry00

Portugal end of february-CANCELLED!

Post by Harry00 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:45 pm

Hi all,

It is finally coming closer. End of february and beginning of march i am planning to ride the Portugese TET and perhaps a little bit of the northern Spanish section before that. 2 persons on heavily modified XT660Z Tenere and on XT660R. Looking forward to it!
Last edited by Harry00 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Slowrider

Re: Portugal end of february

Post by Slowrider » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:05 pm

I am going to be riding the Portuguese TET in April. Ferry to Spain and then driving fast down South and then riding the TET back up to the ferry port. So I would be interested in any reports that may help.

Good luck and happy riding.
1 x
CB500 X with Rally Raid Level 3 Upgrade
Toured in : ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฎ ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
Harry00

Re: Portugal end of february

Post by Harry00 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:18 am

Warm clothing for cold, wet weather for sure. A decent tent and good sleeping gear as well. Of course i will post some details and hopefully pics of this trip! :mhm
1 x
Harry00

Re: Portugal end of february-CANCELLED!

Post by Harry00 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:43 pm

Well, that was it. By now we should have been camping right at the start of the Portugese TET. Just unpacked my bike a moment ago after it has been waiting in my garage fully loaded for a couple of days. Fellow traveller fell sick and could not recover in time. Now the time is simply getting too short. So pissed right now, but hey... What can we do with sickness? No idea when we get another opportunity though, will not be anywhere shortly.
0 x
fulviapaulo
Linesman

Post by fulviapaulo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:23 pm

That's bad news! Hope your friend recovers soon.

Anyway, the country isn't going anywhere soon :mhm Just get the bike and go! Do it in the UK or France or wherever... if Portugal/Spain is the objective, just ride the bike here and (if possible) leave it here for a couple of months and fly over next time. :handgestures-thumbup:

Take care and have fun!
0 x
I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
2006 BMW GSA1200
2003 Yamaha TT600RE
Harry00

Post by Harry00 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:01 pm

Bad news indeed but shit happens i guess...
Nope, will not leave the bike there, as i also use it here. Portugal was the goal in this period, fitted right in the time-schedule. For now this was the last opportunity to go out for this sort of thing.

Unfortunately we have a terrible shortage of personell at my work and it takes a lot of time to get new colleagues qualified (government demands), so it becomes almost impossible until at least autumn 2019 to take more than a few days off at a time. Not such great prospects about holidays in the near future :confusion-scratchheadblue: :facepalm

Will have to see when there will be another chance.
0 x