Cellphone coverage in Poland?

hannesf

Cellphone coverage in Poland?

Post by hannesf » Mon May 13, 2019 10:57 am

Hi there,

i am planning to take the TET in Poland this summer, and i am wondering how good the Cellphone coverage is in the countryside?

The reason im asking: Here in germany i usually use a simple phonecall (+helmet headset) for talking to other riders who ride with me. It makes things easy and there is (if the coverage is good) no problem with bluetooth range for example...

So would it be possible to do the same in Poland with a EU-Simcard?

Cheers and Thank you already!
0 x
Oleksii
Linesman

Re: Cellphone coverage in Poland?

Post by Oleksii » Mon May 13, 2019 3:05 pm

hannesf wrote:Hi there,

i am planning to take the TET in Poland this summer, and i am wondering how good the Cellphone coverage is in the countryside?

The reason im asking: Here in germany i usually use a simple phonecall (+helmet headset) for talking to other riders who ride with me. It makes things easy and there is (if the coverage is good) no problem with bluetooth range for example...

So would it be possible to do the same in Poland with a EU-Simcard?

Cheers and Thank you already!
The coverage is pretty well in Poland, but check if your operator doesn’t have some “hidden charges” for EU roaming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x
I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
KTM 640 Adventure
KTM 690 RFR
KTM 1190 Adventure
LukiWawa

Re: Cellphone coverage in Poland?

Post by LukiWawa » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:33 pm

You have to be careful in parts close to Belarus or Ukraine border. Your phone can switch operator to non-UE and generate a lot of cost (i.g. 1MB data transfer = 12euro) .
You should manually set operator in those parts.

Best regards,
Lukasz
1 x
BMW F800GS ADV