GPX dla tomtom rider 400

mazi

GPX dla tomtom rider 400

Post by mazi » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:47 pm

Cześć,
mam problem z importowanie śladu do tomtoma 400. Sam import w zasadzie przebiega pomyślnie ale jak potem próbuję włączyć nawigowanie po śladzie to otrzymuję komunikat "Brak możliwej trasy".
Czy ktoś miał podobny problem? Dodam że mapa jak i całe urządzenie świeżo zaktualizowane.

Z góry dzięki za pomoc.
0 x
mazi

Re: GPX dla tomtom rider 400

Post by mazi » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:52 pm

Hmm, właśnie sprawdziłem i dla GPX Germany wszystko bangla jak trzeba więc chyba jest coś nie tak z polskim śladem albo z mapą.
0 x
mazi

Post by mazi » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:00 am

Poprzednia wersja GPS dla Polski tez jest ok, czyli wygląda na jakiś błąd w tej aktualnej. Udało się komuś poprawnie uruchomić nawigację po tym śladzie w navi?
0 x
Redballrun
TET Puppetmaster

Post by Redballrun » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:41 pm

I think the problem is that TomTom looks to take you over recognised roads (recognised by TomTom for normal cars).
The Germany TET is all roads with no trails so that's why it has no problems.
I don't think the TET works on TomTom.
0 x
Trans Euro Trail HQ
KTM 690 RFR, Yamaha XT600Z 3AJ
E-mail: info@transeurotrail.org

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
mazi

Post by mazi » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:03 pm

It's look like the problem is with current GPX file. When i load previuos one everything looks ok. The previous one also looks more offroad then current while i think that tomtom is'nt the problem.
Now i want to ask why route was change? In the previuos are parts that are not available now?
0 x
Redballrun
TET Puppetmaster

Post by Redballrun » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:35 am

Just checked the gpx on viewranger, base camp and locus - all are absolutely fine

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

0 x
Trans Euro Trail HQ
KTM 690 RFR, Yamaha XT600Z 3AJ
E-mail: info@transeurotrail.org

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
Didado

Post by Didado » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 am

mazi wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:03 pm
It's look like the problem is with current GPX file. When i load previuos one everything looks ok. The previous one also looks more offroad then current while i think that tomtom is'nt the problem.
Now i want to ask why route was change? In the previuos are parts that are not available now?

You can't use TomTom for offroad tracks. After import of a gpx track TomTom turns it into a Route. TomTom calculates a Route via roads on the map. If the TET passes a section that is not on the map you will be redirected via roads on the TomTom map.

The Track & Route thing is simply complex simple :-)

A track is a line on the map. It has nothing to do with roads on a map. It doesn't change, it doesn't give directions, it doesn't calculate, it is just a line on the map. No more, no less.

TomTom does not support making tracks visible on a map. It can only do routes and will always give you directions via roads. It can not give you directions through meadows, rivers, deserts etc.

Garmin and lots of apps do support tracks visible on the map. On these devices (On a Garmin Zumo you have to turn' visible on map' specifically on) all you see is a line on the map and an icon shows where you are in relation to that line which we call a track :-) There are no 'Take the third turn on the cow turd' directions.

It may seem that your TomTom or Garmin or Device X does do Tracks because you went riding and it gave you voice instructions ' go left, go right' etc while riding offroad but you weren't riding off the road :-) TomTom will give you instructions if the unpaved road is a road on the digital map. However, like I said as soon as the TET trail goes through a section with trails that are not on the map TomTom will reRoute you via the nearest roads :-)

Just get one of the free apps for your smartphone to make the TET track visible on the map. TomTom is great nav system but it is only meant for civilization with roads on the map :-)
0 x
mazi

Post by mazi » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:15 pm

It looks that you'r right. I check details of track loaded to tomtom and this displayed on locus and tomtom navigates only trough roads available on their map. :-(
0 x
Didado

Post by Didado » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:19 pm

mazi wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:15 pm
It looks that you'r right. I check details of track loaded to tomtom and this displayed on locus and tomtom navigates only trough roads available on their map. :-(

What is important is that you can enjoy the TET. One part of that enjoyment will be to be able follow the track exactly and not getting frustrated because you are being rerouted because of all the confusion about nav systems, tracks and routes.

I know from experience :-)
0 x
mazi

Post by mazi » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:45 pm

I just bought water proof case for my mobile and will be using OsmAnd navi. I hope it will be good enough.
0 x