Various Lombardy sections not permitted?

Moderator: Azoto

siri

Various Lombardy sections not permitted?

Post by siri » Tue May 28, 2019 9:21 am

Hi there

I was planning the nothern Italy TET section between Lake Garda and Como.
However, as it seems the most interesting sections are not allowed explicitly for motorcycles, for example:
- Tremalzo (whole south side from rifugio Garda)
- Passo del Palio / Rifugio del Grande Faggio

Am I missing something? Maybe there is permission obtainable somewhere for these?
Without these sections, the Lombardy part is mainly various paved backroads and essentially tre-valli/dosso-alto ;( ...

Any advise is very welcome!
Thanks!
0 x
siri

Re: Various Lombardy sections not permitted?

Post by siri » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:25 pm

Sadly the above can be confirmed. Tremalzo is only accessible from the north on the paved road until the Refugio. Both gravel roads on the south side after that (via Passo Nota or via San Michele) are strictly prohibited to motorcycles.

It seems some years ago it was possible to get a special permission if you stayed for min. 2 nights in a local hotel. But the Commune of Tremosine, local Police and the Tourist office in Limone all confirmed that permits are definately not possible anymore.

I wonder, has nobody been on that TET section in recent months/years and encountered the same? Or do the lineman still know a loophole? Sadly I could not make contact within a week notice.
0 x
Azoto
Linesman

Re: Various Lombardy sections not permitted?

Post by Azoto » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:36 pm

Hi siri, sorry my late reply. Yes, it seems your right and that road is not open to traffic anymore. Thanks for your feedback. We'll remove that section ASAP
1 x