Looking for a riding partner

Moderator: Azoto

Smog

Looking for a riding partner

Post by Smog » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:54 pm

Hi all.

First of all, what a stunning project this is!
Thank you for sharing and caring!

Because I don't have any friends riding offroad i am trying to find a partner or a group for riding a segment of the TET in Italy.

- Somewhere between Como and Uccea
- Somewhere between August 18th and the end of August 2018
- 2 or 3 days

I am a 42 years old swiss and I have 25 years of experience in BMX, Enduro and Downhill mountainbiking.
I have some experience in enduro biking, which is two days of guided enduro training, one week of hard enduro riding in Italy with a 350cc Sherco, and a few days on trails in the Pyrenees with my Honda Africa Twin XRV 750.
The Africa Twin is the bike i will ride on the TET.

It would be great if I'd find someone in this forum to take me to the trails!

Cheers,
Sven
0 x
holkub

Re: Looking for a riding partner

Post by holkub » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:16 am

Smog wrote:Hi all.

First of all, what a stunning project this is!
Thank you for sharing and caring!

Because I don't have any friends riding offroad i am trying to find a partner or a group for riding a segment of the TET in Italy.

- Somewhere between Como and Uccea
- Somewhere between August 18th and the end of August 2018
- 2 or 3 days

I am a 42 years old swiss and I have 25 years of experience in BMX, Enduro and Downhill mountainbiking.
I have some experience in enduro biking, which is two days of guided enduro training, one week of hard enduro riding in Italy with a 350cc Sherco, and a few days on trails in the Pyrenees with my Honda Africa Twin XRV 750.
The Africa Twin is the bike i will ride on the TET.

It would be great if I'd find someone in this forum to take me to the trails!

Cheers,
Sven

Hi Sven, May think about going south from Como direction San Remo, reason being is the east part is 90% tarmac roads. Or you may start in Slovenia to Croatia where the tracks are also more off road than onraod.
However, have a great time and safe travel..hope you‘ll find a wing body...not recommend to go alone...to May incident happen already when single riders hit the track.

Cheers from Kloten, Holger

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
0 x
ME40

Post by ME40 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:52 pm

Hi Sven

I plan to start August 27th in Chiasso. You are welcome to join me for a few days.

www.transeurotrail.org/forum/viewtopic. ... are_type=t
0 x
Smog

Post by Smog » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:28 pm

@Holger:

Thank you for your reply. Tarmac doesn't sound really interesting, thank you for the info!
I will check the possibilities for a trip in Slovenia and Croatia.

@ME40

Thank you for your offer, very kind!
Unfortunately August 27th is a bit late, at that time i will already somewhere near Belgrade.

Cheers,
Sven
0 x
Wayneski

Re: Looking for a riding partner(s) - July 7-14, 2019

Post by Wayneski » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:33 am

I will be at the LC8 Western Alps Rally in Salbertand IT July 1-7. Looking to ride mostly off-road (TET?) for another week before returning to US and can go anywhere fun. I am not bringing camping gear, so I will have to hotel it but willing to cover most of that cost for us. Need to be back in Milan July 14. Will be on KTM 990R, well equipped for off-road and should have no problem with any portion of the TET

Could also run down to one of the islands or over to France. Will also be returning in the Fall or whenever someone has a great route; let's plan something. I leave my bike in EU so I'm ready to ride on short notice.
0 x
[youtube]WayneskiWorld[/youtube]
Azoto
Linesman

Post by Azoto » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:28 am

This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Best part of the TET starting from Salbertrand is section 1 from the IT track and the first part of the French one starting from the Italian border (really scenic even though some bitumen): i.e. the area around the western Alps (what a discovery :P).
If we can't fix the issues on the eastern part (almost tarmac only), I'm going to dump the whole central and eastern part of the TET. But, yes there is always a but, we'll probably soon "launch" the North-South route.
If you're willing to stay on a ferry for a couple of days, then Sardinia is amazing and Sicily even better but probably too far.

@Wayneski I would dare saying that all the sections are close to civilization (unfortunately) and in July-August you're probably going to meet several riders on the Alpine course. There should be no issues with fuel and accommodation too.
If you want to travel together just let me know, but consider I'm photoholic

PS: during Stella Alpina and while staying at camping Gran Bosco it is very easy to find ride buddies and people willing to share new trails.
0 x
mastercore

Post by mastercore » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:41 am

@Azoto
Can you comment on, or guess at the % of on vs off road on each individual leg of the Italian TET.
Or if you have already done this, provide a link to this information?
This would be so helpfull

I want to do legs 1 to 4 in a few weeks and want offroad (like all of us). Will I find it?
Thanks
0 x
Azoto
Linesman

Post by Azoto » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:03 am

mastercore wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:41 am

I want to do legs 1 to 4 in a few weeks and want offroad (like all of us). Will I find it?
Thanks
unpaved %
section 1: around 80%
section 2 and 3: 50-60%
section 4: 0% (this is why this section will be wiped out)

and section 11-Liguria (latest version soon to be released): 70-80%

Ride safe!
Azoto
0 x
mastercore

Post by mastercore » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:13 pm

That is great Azoto. Thanks for the information.
Keep up the great work
MC
1 x
mastercore

Post by mastercore » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:57 pm

Am going to do the Italy TET starting around Arona (middle of section 4) and heading SW.
Should be hitting the trail 15th/16th June
Anyone interested to join?
0 x