difficulty level?

Moderator: Mariner

deuce.ex.machina

difficulty level?

Post by deuce.ex.machina » Sat May 04, 2019 2:48 pm

Advice please: I am planning on riding TET with my Dad and Son. My dad is 70 but still has a little fire in him. Is the Greece trail pretty mild? can a 70-year old man handle it? I don't want to push him too hard. Please let me know. I would very much appreciate it. I was asking the same question about Romania, and was told it may be too difficult.

if Greece is too much, does anyone have advice from experience, of what other country or countries may be better suited?

thanks, Shayne
0 x
Matje

Re: difficulty level?

Post by Matje » Sat May 04, 2019 3:10 pm

Hello Shayne,
We will drive the eastern part of Greece in a few weeks from now. About from Thessaloniki.
Several of us are nearly 70, so we can tell you soon!
If sections are to hard, we just turn around and find another way.
So we did in Romania.

More important maybe: what bikes are you driving?
0 x
Matje
deuce.ex.machina

Post by deuce.ex.machina » Sat May 04, 2019 5:40 pm

Thank you.. We will be renting bikes, I am still looking, but mid size 4 stroke duel sport is my preference.
0 x
jsocana

Post by jsocana » Sun May 05, 2019 6:40 am

deuce.ex.machina wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 2:48 pm
Advice please: I am planning on riding TET with my Dad and Son. My dad is 70 but still has a little fire in him. Is the Greece trail pretty mild? can a 70-year old man handle it? I don't want to push him too hard. Please let me know. I would very much appreciate it. I was asking the same question about Romania, and was told it may be too difficult.

if Greece is too much, does anyone have advice from experience, of what other country or countries may be better suited?

thanks, Shayne
Hi Shane. I rode east part of spanish tet last week from Teruel to Murcia up and down both branches. I was riding solo on a vstrom 650 and had no problems but some storms and mud next day. Tracks are pretty and easy and enviroment is great. I'm 59.
José
0 x
Mariner
Administrator

Post by Mariner » Mon May 06, 2019 6:13 am

deuce.ex.machina wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 2:48 pm

thanks, Shayne
Hi Shayne,

The trail is a mix, there are easy parts and there are hard parts. It also depends on the season. This time of year after the heavy winter even the forest roads may be difficult as they wil notl be maintained and we had a rough winter (at least for greek standards). What I say to everyone that asks is if you like to do the trail, go for it but be reasonable and when in doubt check the trail by foot and don't be afraid to turn back and look for a different and easier route.

Marinos
0 x
Not All Who Wander Are Lost..
- GR Linesman -

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)