TET planning (parts from) Greece and Albania

Moderator: Mariner

trninka

TET planning (parts from) Greece and Albania

Post by trninka » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:42 am

Hello,
We start to plan our first TET ride, and chooses are on Greece parts and Albania parts. In short the track will be something like this:

1. We entering the Greece from northern border (Kato Klines) heading through Florina – Edessa – Veria (we choose this part to ride on pavement, but no highways)
2. From Veria we will ride on TET track all the way to Volos (Olympia parts)
3. Volos – Trikala – Meteora – Metsovo (Pavement)
4. Metsovo – Melissopetra (TET track)
5. We are ending here the Greek TET, and heading to Albania through Konitsa border pass
6. Albanian part from Konitsa to Permet(kosine) – Pavement
7. Permet (kosine) – Librazhd - Okshatine (Albanian TET) where we will ended here

The bikes are: 3x Yamaha xt660z Teneres, 1x Kawasaki KLX250, 1x Honda CRF 250x. We have beginner to moderate experience offroad.

Mister Linesmen? Can we do those parts with Teneres? Any interesting stopping bays? Where to watch out, are the tracks hard or easy to ride etc, please give us something :)…

So everyone is welcomed to comment, correct our plan, give suggestions etc 😊. Oh, and we are planning to start on 8th of June and ride it for a week (hopefully the weather will be great)

Thanks
0 x
Mariner
Administrator

Re: TET planning (parts from) Greece and Albania

Post by Mariner » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:52 am

The answer about the grading of the TET is the same as always, we can't answer. Teneres have completed parts of the Greek TET but the conditions (and of course the riders) are never the same. My advice is always the same, proceed with care and if you see something that you don't like turn around and look for a detour, don't try to be a hero especially since you don't have much experience.

Ride safe,
Marinos
0 x
Not All Who Wander Are Lost..
- GR Linesman -

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
trninka

Re: TET planning (parts from) Greece and Albania

Post by trninka » Fri May 18, 2018 10:10 am

Mariner wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:52 am
The answer about the grading of the TET is the same as always, we can't answer. Teneres have completed parts of the Greek TET but the conditions (and of course the riders) are never the same. My advice is always the same, proceed with care and if you see something that you don't like turn around and look for a detour, don't try to be a hero especially since you don't have much experience.

Ride safe,
Marinos
Yep, thanks for the advises Mariner. We are starting on 9th of June. I will post the pictures, and maybe video :0

Regards,
Riste
0 x