Documenting the feasibility of the routes (esp. Section 1)

Moderator: Froggy

erimar

Post by erimar » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:25 pm

Dear Froggy et al,

Thanks for all the work that you put into TET-France!

Today, I rode part of section 1, and I liked it very much. However, I think it can be improved, especially w.r.t. documenting the feasibility of some parts of the trail for certain motorcycle types. Specifically, I found it the trail between Le Rosel and Naours extremely tricky:

Roughly 1.5 km before Naours, the trail suddenly becomes very difficult, at least for an all road motorcycle like mine (CRF 1000L, Africa Twin). At that point, I had to enter a gap that was so steep that I doubt that anyone coming from the other side would be able to get out of it.

While progressing in the gap, the trail more and more looked like a river bed, with very steep shores and a very irregular bed covered with branches. Fortunately it was dry, so kept some traction. If it had rained for a single day, the rock-hard clay would have turned into slide from which I wouldn't be able to come out.

Has this part of the trail actually been ridden? I noticed that the track contains a very small number of track points, very much unlike the tracklogs that one typically sees.

I think this part of the trail should be marked as "for enduro motors only" (and for most riders, in a single direction only; towards Naours).

Best,
Eric
0 x
oblix

Re: Documenting the feasibility of the routes (esp. Section 1)

Post by oblix » Wed May 15, 2019 6:13 pm

erimar wrote:Dear Froggy et al,

Thanks for all the work that you put into TET-France!

Today, I rode part of section 1, and I liked it very much. However, I think it can be improved, especially w.r.t. documenting the feasibility of some parts of the trail for certain motorcycle types. Specifically, I found it the trail between Le Rosel and Naours extremely tricky:

Roughly 1.5 km before Naours, the trail suddenly becomes very difficult, at least for an all road motorcycle like mine (CRF 1000L, Africa Twin). At that point, I had to enter a gap that was so steep that I doubt that anyone coming from the other side would be able to get out of it.

While progressing in the gap, the trail more and more looked like a river bed, with very steep shores and a very irregular bed covered with branches. Fortunately it was dry, so kept some traction. If it had rained for a single day, the rock-hard clay would have turned into slide from which I wouldn't be able to come out.

Has this part of the trail actually been ridden? I noticed that the track contains a very small number of track points, very much unlike the tracklogs that one typically sees.

I think this part of the trail should be marked as "for enduro motors only" (and for most riders, in a single direction only; towards Naours).

Best,
Eric
I think as a community member, you’ve just done the notice to all here. More ride reports is what’ll enrich this community with valuable feedback. Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
0 x
yoohah

Post by yoohah » Sat May 18, 2019 5:41 am

Yeah. I made this kind of suggestion (for all country TETs) last year and I got a huge opposition. So there are only a few amongst us who wants to develop TET with this idea, resistance is futile.
0 x