France GPX download

Moderator: Froggy

Archie Dymoke

France GPX download

Post by Archie Dymoke » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:46 pm

Hey,

I am trying to get only part of the GPX file for the route in France as I plan on doing some of it, but not sure how to do this. I clicked download the GPX file on the website which it did but it seems to only have given me a part of it on Corsica?

I don't know much about Garmins etc as I'm new to it but I would love to be able to see the route and download the parts of it on a guess of how much I'd cover in a day so that each course saved is roughly a day of riding. (I am PUSH biking it by the way...) Ooooo ;) :confusion-helpsign:

Any help, soon as possible would be appreciated, thanks!

Archie
0 x
Didado

Re: France GPX download

Post by Didado » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:31 am

There are several things you can do. The TET GPX file contains a whole bunch of different tracks. However often mapping software can't handle that and only picks one of those.

1- You need to download Garmin Basecamp mapping software to you PC or Mac and then open the downloaded gpx. It will split the files and you will see them on the map (Basecamp has a bit of a learning curve and is no longer supported by Garmin)

If you don't want to deal with Basecamp you can do the following:

2- Go to this URL at GPS visualizer, choose the TET GPX, wait till it is 'split' and download the zipped file with all the tracks. However, you will not get the included fueling waypoints etc. Only the tracks.
1 x