Velebit NP

Moderator: Dooby

Wolfgang

Velebit NP

Post by Wolfgang » Wed May 23, 2018 12:51 pm

Hello Riders!

Last weekend I had a fantastic ride in Northern Croatia following the TET from Brod na Kupi to the Velibit National Park.

At the park entrance I had a friendly conversation with the park ranger who told me, that after 6km the public road would end for motor vehicles because of nature protection. Dead end street so to say. Although the GPX-trac which was downloaded here indicated to continue.

Of course I respected this and continued my trip down at the spectacular coastline, which was one of many highlights of this trip. However, I was concerned that the trac would have led me into an area that might have been not open for public use.

Anyone here who could ride through the park or had similar experience?

Best regards,
Wolfgang
0 x
Mew

Re: Velebit NP

Post by Mew » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:57 am

Hi Wolfgang, we passed there yesterday and turn around,
looks like new sign to me so it is probably newly implemented.
Michal
0 x
Redballrun
TET Puppetmaster

Post by Redballrun » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:03 am

Hi Wolfgang,, can you please communicate this information to the linesman.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

0 x
Trans Euro Trail HQ
KTM 690 RFR, Yamaha XT600Z 3AJ
E-mail: info@transeurotrail.org

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
UNTAMED me

Post by UNTAMED me » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:55 am

IT'S NOT PROHIBITED! Just this moment (04/06/2018 at 11:00h :)) I talked with head of rangers of Nature Park North Velebit, Mrs. Ljiljana.
This is official:
1. If you are passing there by motorbike (Cars are something else- a bit different rules... don't ask!), you should either open and close the ramp (if i's unlocked) or, pass it around if it's locked.
2. TET riders (I spoke to her in behalf of TET riders) are allowed and welcomed to ride and of course to stay there (in case that you like to sleep in mountain hut or go for hiking).
3. All rangers will be (again) informed in case that some of them don't know it.

I have phone number of Mrs. Ljiljana, in case that we need it, I can call her or pass the number.

Let me know if you need any other info or help while you are riding Velebit Mountain.

Cheers,
Perica
1 x
Redballrun
TET Puppetmaster

Post by Redballrun » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:09 am

Dooby, do you think it's worth quoting this lady's name on the GPX as a POI at the entry to the Park?

0 x
Trans Euro Trail HQ
KTM 690 RFR, Yamaha XT600Z 3AJ
E-mail: info@transeurotrail.org

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
UNTAMED me

Post by UNTAMED me » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:34 am

Redballrun wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:09 am
Dooby, do you think it's worth quoting this lady's name on the GPX as a POI at the entry to the Park?

She is head of... I doubt this is the best idea because, one way or another, it will and that somebody calls her on phone... Rangers will know after this, that we are allowed to pass. GPS POI with info above, could help though, to people, once they get to gates...

Cheers
0 x
andreatrst

Post by andreatrst » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:40 pm

One month ago I was not able to go over that road due to snow. Once got back I asked to the ticket office if it were legal /allowed to go over that gravel road basing on the fact that there were a sign that looked as a ban. The man at the ticket office replied to me that is ok to go.
0 x
corneelbaert

Post by corneelbaert » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:41 pm

We were told on 12th of june 2018 that after 6km's we had to return by the ranger in the hut at the entrance... shame because the road is realy nice from there on.
0 x
Unikat

Post by Unikat » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:41 pm

We went through NP Velebit yesterday (24.06.2018) and didn't have any problem. Ranger even drove towards us in his white Dacia and he didn't stop us or something. Just slowly passed by.

Shouldn't be a problem if you are observe and ride with reduced speed through park and go slow when passing cyclist or walkers. Priority there are hikers, not us bikers. Yesterday we saw one lunatic biker who drove like he and his gs are the only one there. I really do hope that a few douches will not cause the full closure of park for us trail riders.
0 x
Massimo Adami

Post by Massimo Adami » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:14 am

I' wrote to Ljiljana Tonković - Head Ranger of Northern Velebit National Park

This is her answer.

It is not allowed drive through some places in our National park wit motorcycles. You can wisit Zavižan and Alan, wit the motorcycle, bat you can not drive ower the road from Zavižan through the Lomska Duliba place to come to Ledena Draga and continue to Alan. Insted, you need to drive from Zavizan back tu Krasno wilage and from there continue to reach Alan. This part from Zavižan to Ledena Draga (12.5 km), is totaly closed for traffic except for official vehicles. It would not be a problem for individual passes (once-twice monthly), but unfortunately more and more people are passing this road, and we can no longer tolerate it.

So, I do not understand if it is or not it is possibile to ride along TET in this area.

Massimo
0 x