TET Austria Trail Development

Moderator: Linesman-A

Linesman-A
Linesman

TET Austria Trail Development

Post by Linesman-A » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:56 am

Dear riders living in Austria and/or close at borders of neighbouring countries,

I took the challenge to build up a TET trail across Austria linking TET trails to Italy, Slovenia, Hungary, Slowakia and Czech Republic. So Austria will be become somehow a "TET multilink" between different trails. Obviously this task can´t be run on a single persons shoulders and will need the support of the community, especially when it come to detailed local and trail knowledge in the different regions of Austria.

Therefore we have setup a (hidden) Facebook Group through which we run the trial development. Within this group we will share trial fragments, ready trail parts and also information about missing links. Targets are:
  • Check existing fragments for legal riding and riding conditions
  • Linking fragments together to a whole trial
  • Linking trial with neighbouring countries and existing trails
  • Finding new trials for missing links between existing fragments
Of course - as the whole TET - it is on volunteer basis and for the sake of appreciation. What are the requirements:
  • Travel enduro bike with dirt road tires
  • GPS device (e.g. Garmin, Smartphone with Locus Map Pro, OSMAnd+, ..)
  • Capable of riding on track basis
  • Providing detailed, track based feedback (e.g. GPS recordings, blockings with GPS coordinates, possible detours as tracks, etc)
  • Knowledge in working with GPS track editors (e.g. Garmin BaseCamp, Google Earth, Google myMaps, ...)
  • Good region knowledge very welcome (e.g. places to be/visit, recommended places for accommodaction, great places for food, et.c)
If anyone of you, either living in Austria or close to a border of the neiighbouring countries, is interested in participating in the development of the TET Austria trail please drop me a privat message including your facebook profile and email address.

Bye,

Jakob
0 x
Jakob
Discover the World on 2 Wheels

TET Linesmen Austria
a@transeurotrail.org
www.transeurotrail.org

more about me
www.facebook.com/der.weinknecht
www.facebook.com/discover2wheels
choutos

Re: TET Austria Trail Development

Post by choutos » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:47 am

Difficult task you are tackling Jakob, offroad riding in Austria is close to impossible.

Anyway, I am living in Vorarlberg and willing to explore trails and backroads around here :)
1 x
AdventureRuss

Post by AdventureRuss » Sat May 26, 2018 8:54 pm

Jakob

Sent you a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x
whitman

Post by whitman » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:51 pm

Hi all,

Just found TET by chance and immediately found it a great project:-)

I am living in southern styria (slovenian border) and know some tracks that might fit into an austrian TET.

I was riding those tracks for years and didnt have any problems with government or so....

To be sure i will check them once again focusing on signs that might be stating that its forbidden to ride there.

I will let you know once ive done this, so you can decide if the tracks are worth having a look at.

I was used riding those tracks with my KTMs and Huskies but switched to a new CRF1000 and will try all this also with the big sister :-)

In dry conditions i am almost sure its no problem riding the tracks with bigger enduros.

Did you already explore some trails in austria and decide to put the together for an austrian TET or are you still starting?

lg und ThumbsUp
Volker
0 x
mastercore

Post by mastercore » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:21 pm

choutos wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:47 am
Difficult task you are tackling Jakob, offroad riding in Austria is close to impossible.

Anyway, I am living in Vorarlberg and willing to explore trails and backroads around here :)
I am living in Kanton St Gallen in Switzerland but very close to the Austrian border. Riding Africa twin 2017 and looking for rinding trails and riding buddies for day and multi day adventures off road.
Would be nice to be able to contribute to the TET project as well.
2 x