Internet access problems - please help an illiterate!

Stuck, lost or broken down

Moderators: Don T, Froggy

Simon_100
Linesman

Re: Internet access problems - please help an illiterate!

Post by Simon_100 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:07 pm

Didado wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:03 pm
Hi Simon, to solve your up-shit-creek problem we need to break up your description of the problem into simpler terms. Some of the other inmates already gave the possible answer to your problem.

1- Can you get some decent 4G reception with another telecom provider that is within your budget?

If so, your problem would be solved with the already mentioned 4G hotspot router which is not related to MacBooks and iPads wifi etc.

To keep it simple I will not say anymore. Let's solve number 1 :-)
Yup, breaking it down into separate issues is the best way ...

So, I worked out by deduction that I wasn't getting 4G cover over the Nokia because only slot #1 works its Wifi hotspot - later I actually read the f***ing instructions that told me this, but in jargon, complete with acronyms that I wouldn't have understood! - so 'plan A' I had 4 G cover with Vodaphone so that was the direction I was heading in rather than the satellite, which is expensive and very limited download capacity ...

Then I was approached by a guy from the Facebook group who recommended his firm's 4G product aimed as ex-pats here in Spain. This uses Moviestar's 4G network and he suggested I check that this worked before making any commitments, very professional and I was happy, even though the plan, if I added our two phones, was getting to be expensive (I'd decided to leave Orange altogether as their phone service was going don the pan too).

So off I pop to the friendly neighbourhood Moviestar shop down in Tremp - I always prefer human presence and this paid off! - where they helpfully put my details through their database and ¡Caramba! I can get their 'standard' ASDL over wireless radio! This is by no means obvious on their website so beforehand I hadn't ever looked at these plans. Here's the deal, all I need to do now is wait for the installations ...

Thanks for all your help guys, I think we're seeing light at the end of the tunnel - and dare I say it, Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible! :)

Regs

Simon
0 x
Visit thespanishbiker.com, 'The essential companion to biking in Spain' :P

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)