Looking for a TET bike in general

Oh look! My new toy!

Moderator: Ard

Don

Looking for a TET bike in general

Post by Don » Tue May 28, 2019 8:15 am

Hello everyone,

This summer I am doing TET Poland, Baltic staten, Sweden en Norway within 2 months. I bought a KLR650 to do the job but that broke down unrepairable.

I am looking for a TET worthy bike that is in a good mechanical state, maintanance that needs to be done is no problem for me.
My budget is 6000 euro's and I am willing to import a bike from a diffrend country if it's a proper bike!

I hope that someone has a nice bike for sell for me.

Greetings,
Don
0 x
steveR

Re: Looking for a TET bike in general

Post by steveR » Wed May 29, 2019 7:40 am

If you are still keen on a single cylinder bike, possibly the SWM SuperDual might suit your needs? For your budget, you can get a bike that will be nearly brand new!!

Look on eBay in the UK ;-)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SWM-SuperDua ... SwcTlboNy0

These bikes also have the advantage of coming pretty well TET ready, straight out of the Dealer. There is a UK SWM Facebook page which might well have a 2nd hand bike available at some times too...
0 x
Don

Post by Don » Wed May 29, 2019 9:22 pm

Oh yes that's interesting I wonder tho if the quality is good for such a low price point?
0 x
steveR

Post by steveR » Fri May 31, 2019 7:44 pm

Don wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:22 pm
Oh yes that's interesting I wonder tho if the quality is good for such a low price point?
Its based on a Husky 630 and been modernised and made more suitable as a "trail" bike as opposed to a pure off-roader. There was a more off road version the RS650R but this was not marketed very well here in the UK. I tried one and felt it was just a bit too dirt for my particular needs at the time.

Build seems good and the Aussies have been using them in anger for a couple of years and seem to have no issues. Latest versions have improved some areas since the launch, little tweaks as you would hope. Just been launched in the US, so there will be more bits and bobs coming from there I expect :-)

Plenty of stuff about though already if you want to tweak gearing etc.

Where are you???
0 x