Pyrenees TET June July anyone?

Multi-Country trip planning. Find buddies for your very own TET-à-TET

Moderators: Don T, Froggy

Cragpuss

Pyrenees TET June July anyone?

Post by Cragpuss » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:46 pm

Hello,
I'm new to this forum and would like to say hello :)
I am hoping to take a ferry trip from the UK to Santander and ride some of the TET.
I have done lots of european tours but up until now only on tarmac. I ride a Honda Africa Twin 1000L.

I am just wandering if anyone is planning a similar trip I might be able to tag along with or does anyone want to join me?
I have done some off road riding in wales with the Honda Africa Twin experience course and now want the real thing.
0 x
Cragpuss

Re: Pyrenees TET June July anyone?

Post by Cragpuss » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJNVSSiaTug
This youtube video looks exactly what I am interested in, perhaps not with the wild camping though?
0 x
mastercore

Post by mastercore » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:03 pm

Hi there, am also planning to do the TET on my africa twin (2017) either Italy or Spain this summer.
At the moment my plans are wide open but I think I will be interested in a late summer adventure. Maybe we stay in touch

p.s. I am definitely the wild camping guy though!
0 x
Cragpuss

Post by Cragpuss » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:22 pm

Hi, Great to hear from you!
I can only do end of June start of July due to work commitments, but if that suits you then yes lets keep in touch :)
Never done the wild camping but am willing to give it a go. Are you a good navigator? Does the trail even need navigating? or is it just follow your nose?
0 x
Cragpuss

Post by Cragpuss » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:37 pm

Anybody else available for the Pyrenees TET end of this month/start of July?
0 x
Vanilo Petrucci

Post by Vanilo Petrucci » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:24 pm

Hi all!

Newbie here, to the TET forum as well as to off-road riding. But I've been practicing trails a fair bit the last couple of weeks and I'm making progress.

I'm planning to do the Pyrenees TET by the end of august but I don't know if it's a good idea to tackle it on my own, given my lack of experience and a fully loaded bike...

To anyone that did the trail before: what would you say the level of difficulty is? And is it wise to ride it solo as an unexperienced off-road rider?

Thanks!
0 x