Information about snow in Balkans

Dramas, anectodes, and fairytales. Cock-and-bull stories, too.

Moderator: Oleksii

Lembe

Post by Lembe » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:34 am

After my presentation I open this post with the intention that you help me in my imminent trip.

From April 12 approximately I will start trip through Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro and part of Albania (if I have time).

I have been reviewing the height levels through which the different tracks pass and I am doubtful about the large number of areas that exceed 1.000m altitude and the possibility that finding steps closed by snow, all the information you can give me about this It will be of great help.

I also live in a mountainous area, and at this time everything that supposes a level higher than 1500m the snow it´s enough to not travel by an enduro bike, and that this year has not been a particularly hard winter, other years it is not unusual snow in March and even April.

Thanks in advance for the help.
0 x
stefanvujovic

Post by stefanvujovic » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:35 pm

Lembe wrote:After my presentation I open this post with the intention that you help me in my imminent trip.

From April 12 approximately I will start trip through Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro and part of Albania (if I have time).

I have been reviewing the height levels through which the different tracks pass and I am doubtful about the large number of areas that exceed 1.000m altitude and the possibility that finding steps closed by snow, all the information you can give me about this It will be of great help.

I also live in a mountainous area, and at this time everything that supposes a level higher than 1500m the snow it´s enough to not travel by an enduro bike, and that this year has not been a particularly hard winter, other years it is not unusual snow in March and even April.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Hi Lembe!
In Montengro over 1200m you have a snow. The snow is until and of April for shure in mountains. This year we got a lot of snow and is possible to be there in May too.
One week agoImageImageImage
Two week ago
ImageImageImageImage
My advice is that you come at June or if you want to come now drive under 1200-1300m.
You are welcome, Montenegro is waiting for you.
Best regards
Last edited by stefanvujovic on Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Lembe

Re: Information about snow in Balkans

Post by Lembe » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:11 am

Hello stefan.

Thank you very much for your advice and information, it is very helpful.

My job does not allow me to travel in June, only on these dates ...

I will take your advice into account and look for alternatives above the snow levels you indicate.
0 x
stefanvujovic

Post by stefanvujovic » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:29 am

Lembe wrote:Hello stefan.

Thank you very much for your advice and information, it is very helpful.

My job does not allow me to travel in June, only on these dates ...

I will take your advice into account and look for alternatives above the snow levels you indicate.
Lembe.
Just ask a locals in Mountains about a snow and roads :)
0 x
Lembe

Re: Information about snow in Balkans

Post by Lembe » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:10 pm

Thanks, they are the ones with the most recent information ... hehe

In these days I will check the tracks in the higher levels to search an alternative if it´s necessary.

Best regards, Stefan.
0 x