TET camping spots pictures

Dramas, anectodes, and fairytales. Cock-and-bull stories, too.

Moderator: Oleksii

Oleksii
Linesman

TET camping spots pictures

Post by Oleksii » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:53 am

Share here your pictures of the camping spots on the TET.
Waking up in beautiful scenic places every morning is one of the outstanding features while riding the TET
Share with others GPS coordinates, that might be very handy and the best ones can be included as a POI in the future updates of the trail :studyinggray:
0 x
I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
KTM 640 Adventure
KTM 690 RFR (for sale!)
Oleksii
Linesman

Re: TET camping spots pictures

Post by Oleksii » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:48 pm

Now with easier photo sharing possibilities thanks to implemented Tapatalk app, I will post a first camping spot and coordinates I wanted to share with everybody.
Finland, not so far from Helsinki
N 61.11434
E 027.60759
Water container, plenty of firewood, fireplace, shed and awesome water reservoir close by Image
ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4 x
KTM 640 Adventure
KTM 690 RFR (for sale!)
El Lobo

Post by El Lobo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:23 pm

Hey Oleksii
Nice camping spot you found there.
I just saved this place as Camp Awesome on my gps.
It may come handy some day.
1 x
KTM 690 Enduro
mjhb

Post by mjhb » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:06 pm

Hi Oleksii,

Lovely spot !

What's the system with these shelters, please ? Are they free to use for anyone, or do you have to use an honesty box, or pay online somehow ?

I gather there are many similar sites across Scandinavia - does the same system apply, do you know ?

I'd like to do a trip on gravel roads exploring/staying in shelters like this so would be grateful for any help or advice ...

Many thanks,

Matt
0 x
Oleksii
Linesman

Post by Oleksii » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:34 am

mjhb wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:06 pm
Hi Oleksii,

Lovely spot !

What's the system with these shelters, please ? Are they free to use for anyone, or do you have to use an honesty box, or pay online somehow ?

I gather there are many similar sites across Scandinavia - does the same system apply, do you know ?

I'd like to do a trip on gravel roads exploring/staying in shelters like this so would be grateful for any help or advice ...

Many thanks,

Matt
hi Matt, I actually have a gpx file with few thousands of free shelters across Finland and there is also something similar in Sweden (I haven't tried them though, but I should have a link to the list of them somewhere) - ping me in PM with your email address if interested and I'll send you to them
In Finland they are free and mustn't be booked anywhere, they have a fireplace, wood and sometimes some cutlery (at least frying pan or a grill), an axe, sometimes food. If you are feeling you can leave something like tea/coffee or matches or anything handy for the people who will come there after you
0 x
KTM 640 Adventure
KTM 690 RFR (for sale!)
Vikingrider

Post by Vikingrider » Tue May 01, 2018 11:45 pm

Oleksii wrote:
mjhb wrote:
Hi Oleksii,

Lovely spot !

Many thanks,

Matt
hi Matt, I actually have a gpx file with few thousands of free shelters across Finland and there is also something similar in Sweden (I haven't tried them though, but I should have a link to the list of them somewhere) - ping me in PM with your email address if interested and I'll send you to them
In Finland they are free and mustn't be booked anywhere, they have a fireplace, wood and sometimes some cutlery (at least frying pan or a grill), an axe, sometimes food. If you are feeling you can leave something like tea/coffee or matches or anything handy for the people who will come there after you
Hey. Is the spots on the TET or close to them? Planing to do the Swedish TET this summer.

0 x
Oleksii
Linesman

Post by Oleksii » Wed May 02, 2018 7:10 am

Vikingrider wrote:
Oleksii wrote:
mjhb wrote:
Hi Oleksii,

Lovely spot !

Many thanks,

Matt
Hey. Is the spots on the TET or close to them? Planing to do the Swedish TET this summer.

Considering the amount of them some are located on or close to TET.
I think Jonas added them to the updated Swedish TET already.

0 x
KTM 640 Adventure
KTM 690 RFR (for sale!)
Norrland_48

Post by Norrland_48 » Mon May 07, 2018 7:35 am

Oleksii wrote:
mjhb wrote:
Hi Oleksii,

Lovely spot !

Many thanks,

Matt
Hi Oleksii

Some of the Swedish places can be found in the FB page “Vindskydd I Norden”, you have to apply to be a member there but should not be hard Image
Unfortenatly there it is no places for Finland, so I would be very interested in the gpx file you mentioned for Finland.
Thanks, Niklas

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
0 x
Oleksii
Linesman

Post by Oleksii » Mon May 07, 2018 7:37 am

Norrland_48 wrote:
Oleksii wrote:
mjhb wrote:
Hi Oleksii,

Lovely spot !

Many thanks,

Matt
Hi Oleksii

Some of the Swedish places can be found in the FB page “Vindskydd I Norden”, you have to apply to be a member there but should not be hard Image
Unfortenatly there it is no places for Finland, so I would be very interested in the gpx file you mentioned for Finland.
Thanks, Niklas

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Hi Niklas,
Send me your email address in PM and I’ll forward you the file Image
Cheers Image

0 x
KTM 640 Adventure
KTM 690 RFR (for sale!)