Meeting the TET up close and personal

Dramas, anectodes, and fairytales. Cock-and-bull stories, too.

Moderator: Oleksii

midlifecruiser

Meeting the TET up close and personal

Post by midlifecruiser » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:40 am

I have been reading and youtubing the TET for quit some time. Did not know what to expect. Surviving Uzbekistan and Mongolia on my katoom I did not worry for myself but my mate has no offroad experience with his shiny new Africa Twin. Having plans for the Northern part of TET Spain and Portugal later this year he has to learn some new tricks. So where to start?

Last saturday was our moment to meet the TET. We started near Hoogeveen and rode the northern part down to Beek. We had one big problem; stopping the fun and returning home from there!

It proofed to be the perfect start for him. He got some rest on the tarmac stretches and his first loose sand experience on a few sandy parts. Because of the recent storms there was some moderate mud an a lot of fallen branches on the track.

No traffic lights, no sight of blue hats, (almost) no speed bumps, friendly people and loads of fun! Sometimes it felt un-dutch. As if we were cruising in a foreign land. Kudos for the girls and guys who made this all possible!

The next offroad starting step for my mate will be the southern part of the dutch TET. It seems that this is a bit more challenging. We will ride it soon!

Again I would like to take the opportunity to thank all the people who put their energy in creating this great route. Rest assured that you are responsible for loads of fun!
1 x
3Rogier
Linesman

Re: Meeting the TET up close and personal

Post by 3Rogier » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:57 pm

Thanks Midlifecruiser!

Enjoy the TET!

Greetz,
Rogier de Bruijn (linesman NL)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
0 x