Need abrassion resistant jersey?!

Camping, cooking, carrying, recovering, repairing and despairing

Moderator: Spietfriek

Buddynho

Need abrassion resistant jersey?!

Post by Buddynho » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:28 pm

So such thing does even exist?
I need a motocross style jersey that i can wear on summer offroading, but that has some reinforcements on shoulders/elbows that will protect me on pavement( some basic abrassion ressistance since i dont ride fast )
0 x
Didado

Re: Need abrassion resistant jersey?!

Post by Didado » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:42 am

Klim Mojave Pro or better the Tactical Pro. Both are mesh with a little padding and extra material on the back of the sleeves and shoulder. I wear them all the time. However, the 'protection' is really meant to protect against branches and such hitting your arms. Don't expect much when you hit the pavement. Or have a look at the Adventure Spec Atacam mesh jacket. That's more serious protection while made for hot weather.
0 x
Buddynho

Post by Buddynho » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:21 am

Didado wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:42 am
Klim Mojave Pro or better the Tactical Pro. Both are mesh with a little padding and extra material on the back of the sleeves and shoulder. I wear them all the time. However, the 'protection' is really meant to protect against branches and such hitting your arms. Don't expect much when you hit the pavement. Or have a look at the Adventure Spec Atacam mesh jacket. That's more serious protection while made for hot weather.
Exactly the jersey iv been looking at, tho as you've said its hit protection :( if they only made such a jersey with some cordura/kevlar on the shoulder/elbows :( . Yeah i love the AS gear cause it looks very competitive vs Klim for example.Tho i dont know where i can get it in Europe/Poland :/
Btw is atacama waterresistant?
0 x
Didado

Post by Didado » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:13 pm

You can order the Atacama directly from Adventure Spec in the UK. I order stuff there all the time. After all, the UK is Europe for now at least.

Klim can be bought all over Europe including fc moto, Adventure Spec, KLIM EU etc

The Atacama is a mesh jacket just like the Tactical Pro jersey is a mesh jersey. Hold both against the light and you can see through them. They let the wind through for cooling. In other words you need a waterproof layer. I ride with the Tactical Pro and when it rains or when it is cold I put a Klim Forecast rainjacket over it.
0 x
Tipmethewink

Post by Tipmethewink » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:21 am

I high-sided on tarmac wearing the Mojave Pro over a Leatt Airfit 3DF and came down on my elbow hard enough that it broke the skin on my elbow (I assume grazing against the armour) but the Jersey was completely intact. I doubt the bike was doing more than 20 mph when it flipped and I probably rolled, not slid but I got up expecting the shirt to be a right off at best but no damage at all. Still wearing it two years later.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

0 x