OSMAND can't load my .gpx?

Everything about following the wiggly line and finding the stuff to the left and right of it

Moderator: Linesman-A

Wauschi

OSMAND can't load my .gpx?

Post by Wauschi » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:04 am

I think OSMAND ist exactly what I will need for my trips.
For this reason I even purchased the app.

Now I have a problem when loading a file and ask for support from another OSMAND user.

It is no problem to import the following track: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vnhPF ... kJi5K2sd_O
But when I try to open the track details e.g. to change the color or hide the track OSMAND crashes.

Please, could someone download the track, import it and tell me if it is a local problem with my phone or if it is a bug in OSMAND?

Happy holidays,
Wauschi
0 x
TET sections visited: Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania
Lenzwerf

Re: OSMAND can't load my .gpx?

Post by Lenzwerf » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:45 pm

This gpx is way too big and I can't imagine you can navigate it on any device. I told you in your other post viewtopic.php?f=17&t=373 800 tracks is a lot. This file has 901 short tracks some not even 1km long. You should edit this gpx before putting it in any device. Osmand will need some more work as I will explain.

The problem is Osmand creates one long track when you import a gpx with multiple tracks and this one is getting way too long for Osmand to handle. The solution is making more gpx exports for different sections and make it managable. I divide my tracks per day of riding.

Looking at your gpx I would stitch those little tracks until I had lets say 600km, export it with recognisable name and number and stitch the next part and so on. When your travelling the shorter tracks will give you a better overview and Osmand will be much more responsive. You don't have to load miles of track you already followed and less calculations for the app. Osmand calculates the distance to the next turn and to the end of the track so shorter tracks (not too short) are better.

I'll make a video to explain specific Osmand gpx usage and behaviour.

Good Luck! Lennert
0 x