Loading GPX file into Viewranger

Everything about following the wiggly line and finding the stuff to the left and right of it

Moderator: Linesman-A

spelky

Loading GPX file into Viewranger

Post by spelky » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:28 am

Hi

Planning a trip on the UK TET in May and Portugal later in the year and while I could import the latest UK route into Viewranger without any problems, the GPX file for Portugal only seems to import the first section. Opening up the file in GPX editor I can see all four sections but even saving each section as a seperate file I can't seem to get more than the first section in Viewranger.

No doubt user error as is usually the case with tech but has anybody else had the same problem and has a solution, thanks in advance.
0 x
Redballrun
TET Puppetmaster

Re: Loading GPX file into Viewranger

Post by Redballrun » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:15 pm

spelky wrote:Hi

Planning a trip on the UK TET in May and Portugal later in the year and while I could import the latest UK route into Viewranger without any problems, the GPX file for Portugal only seems to import the first section. Opening up the file in GPX editor I can see all four sections but even saving each section as a seperate file I can't seem to get more than the first section in Viewranger.

No doubt user error as is usually the case with tech but has anybody else had the same problem and has a solution, thanks in advance.
Hmmm.
Try opening viewranger. Choosing your profile (the little silhouette of a man at the top). Click on tracks the tap on the track you want to see on the map. Scroll down and make sure it is "always shown on map"

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

0 x
Trans Euro Trail HQ
KTM 690 RFR, Yamaha XT600Z 3AJ
E-mail: info@transeurotrail.org

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
spelky

Post by spelky » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi

Not sure how I did it but by importing the individual tracks I could create a route for each so I now have the full 4 routes, I did hear that VR has a limit of 10k way points so maybe trying to load the whole route wasn't feasible.

Cheers
0 x
dlee22

Post by dlee22 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:29 pm

Hi Spelky,

Sorry to be a pain but you seem to be one step ahead of me.

When importing the TET UK file dated 28.02.2016 as a GPX it only brings in 4.7 miles, is this something that you came across?

I have tried downloading the file again, but there is no change.

Thank you in advance, i hope you prep is going well.

Daniel Lee
0 x