Osmand ~ Fully Loaded and Free

Everything about following the wiggly line and finding the stuff to the left and right of it

Moderator: Linesman-A

David Potter

Osmand ~ Fully Loaded and Free

Post by David Potter » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:34 pm

I have only been using offroad GPS Devices for a short while, and Osmand seems to be one of the better apps at the moment for offline navigation.
Including downed GPX Files to follow.
There may very well be much better apps and devices out there, but all in time.
At the moment I have found 3 versions, virtually all the same.
This may be of use to some of you.

Osmand free and Osmand + (plus) seem quite a popular android navigation app available from The Google Play Store or www.osmand.net, with the free version having a limit to the amount of maps being able to be downloaded and the + version costing £7.99 - edit: a one time purchase - for each device it is loaded on.

But,
There is a totally free, fully loaded version, with all the trimmings and maps available.

Osmand~ (Osmand 'tilde')

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/net.osmand.plus/

A word of warning !!
This install is not for beginners.
But not difficult.

Install this directly on your Android Phone
I have installed this on a Samsung K-Zoom (same as S5), Samsung S7 and a Blackview BV6800 Pro

Please study the picture below.

Go to this link :- https://f-droid.org/en/packages/net.osmand.plus/
Click/Download and install 'DOWNLOAD F-DROID'
This is the update package app, for later updates of Osmand~

Click/Download and install 'Download APK 90 MiB'
Follow the instructions on your android device when it has downloaded.

Now you will have a fully working Osmand~ with all functions.
Enabling you to add Contours, Hillshading and as many Map Downloads as you wish.

ps: Once installed the picture gif views as Osmand + don't ask me why !! ??
You may need several GB of space for the maps you want.
You can store maps on SD Card in your device.

Thank you.

Last edited by David Potter on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
webmonstro

Re: Osmand ~ Fully Loaded and Free

Post by webmonstro » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:20 pm

Is this not a illegal version ? Why would you help illegal downloads ? It is such a small price for the quality and work that has gone in to the program , do you not think it is worth it ? If the programmers do not get paid they will abandon development and no more updates and maps will be available . If it was 200 or 300€ like a garmin I could understand but for the price of a couple of beers , if you use it please contribute to the programmers . They usually are small business or single developers

Enviado do meu MYA-L11 através do Tapatalk

0 x
webmonstro

Post by webmonstro » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:22 pm

Also don't forget ilegal versions might have a virus

0 x
David Potter

Post by David Potter » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:56 pm

I have done my home work, and I know this not to be an illegal version that may contain a virus.
Thank you for you time.

ps. I have submitted this information to help others. Not get into an argument with any trolls. If you have nothing constructive to say, please don't say anything at all.

Also I will say concerning donations.
I think I have paid my dues.
I have Komoot, a mountain bike, route planning app installed and paid for. As I had also with Osmand + on my Samsung S7 and Osmand Unlimited on my Blackview BV6800 Pro, and to my horror had to pay extra for The Contour Lines and extra for Hillshading, per year, so not a very good deal in my eyes. So I uninstalled them both and installed Osmand~
Where as with Kamoot you pay once and can use your account on as many devices as you like.
Thank you.
Last edited by David Potter on Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
webmonstro

Post by webmonstro » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:13 pm

So have you confirmation from the developers that this is official version ? Do they link it from their web site ? Why would they give away a full version and at the same time offer it for a fee ?
It is a open forum i gave my opinion if you don't show proof that this is not copyright infringement then then how am I trolling ?
It is also a free open forum . A law suit from the developers of OsmAnd may not make the tet project look well . This is my opinion

0 x
David Potter

Post by David Potter » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:29 pm

This has already been addressed with Admin and The Developers.
Thank you.

ps: A little homework will shine light on the subject.
Thank you.

A little information for you. The well known, publicised Osmand App you pay for, has different developers to Osmand~

Thank you.

0 x