Cheaper Alternative Trousers

Clothing, protection and getting yourself ready for your TET adventure

Moderator: Spietfriek

Cheaper Alternative Trousers

Post by 7800 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:30 pm

Hi Guys

I was in Screwfix the other day and noticed the work trousers so had a look. I found them to be excellent quality and got to thinking about using them for a motorbike. After doing some research I narrowed it down to Snickers 3223 floor layers trousers and 6207 light work 37.5. The floor layers look very strong with kevlar knees. I looked at the 37.5s for the hot weather as heat can be really uncomfortable when you get in the 30 plus degrees. With price tags of around £70 for top of the range kit and starting around the £30 mark they look very appealing

What are your thoughts?
0 x
philmaxigood

Re: Cheaper Alternative Trousers

Post by philmaxigood » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:10 pm

7800 wrote:Hi Guys

I was in Screwfix the other day and noticed the work trousers so had a look. I found them to be excellent quality and got to thinking about using them for a motorbike. After doing some research I narrowed it down to Snickers 3223 floor layers trousers and 6207 light work 37.5. The floor layers look very strong with kevlar knees. I looked at the 37.5s for the hot weather as heat can be really uncomfortable when you get in the 30 plus degrees. With price tags of around £70 for top of the range kit and starting around the £30 mark they look very appealing

What are your thoughts?
Thanks. Will check it out. Maybe they have 'pockets' for kneepads.
Already use Screwfix for my on-road hi-viz.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

0 x
Meetchee

Post by Meetchee » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi guys,
I've been using work trousers and jacket from Lafont (a French company: https://www.vetementpro.com/pantalons-t ... t82cp.html) for about four years, 60-70 euros in total, perfect either for winter (with mountain bike pants under them) or summer, lots of pockets and very comfortable, sturdy too. I didn't want to spend 500 euros or even more and they're still in perfect condition after these four years. Note that the trousers and the jacket have pockets for knee, elbow and shoulder for pads.
Hope this can help you!
0 x
philmaxigood

Post by philmaxigood » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:59 am

Hi. Thanks for the tip. Will check them out.

0 x
philmaxigood

Post by philmaxigood » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:24 am

Meetchee wrote:Hi guys,
I've been using work trousers and jacket from Lafont (a French company: https://www.vetementpro.com/pantalons-t ... t82cp.html) for about four years, 60-70 euros in total, perfect either for winter (with mountain bike pants under them) or summer, lots of pockets and very comfortable, sturdy too. I didn't want to spend 500 euros or even more and they're still in perfect condition after these four years. Note that the trousers and the jacket have pockets for knee, elbow and shoulder for pads.
Hope this can help you!
Hi. Tried to order but could not get past my address. They want either France or Belgium and wouldn't accept anything else. Just wondered how you overcame this? Thanks.

0 x

Post by 7800 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:50 pm

The floor layers trousers have Kevlar knee protection with pockets for pads. I think that for green laning they look pretty good
0 x