BIKE OPTIONS WHEN DOING TET FROM OVERSEAS

Choice and preparation

Moderator: Spietfriek

Trebor01

BIKE OPTIONS WHEN DOING TET FROM OVERSEAS

Post by Trebor01 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:14 am

So bit of back story. Live in Tasmania Australia and been looking for a good time to come to Europe. Then the TET turned up .AWESOME. Ridden/Lived all over Australia .Built few bikes from Ducati Scrambler to DR 650.Looked at Renting a bike but couldn't find genuine offroader plus pretty Expensive. So decided to try the Buy/Sell way .Thanks to BRIAN ELAND MOTORCYCLES we have now organised a WR 450F With big tank , Decent tyres bashplate . Tool/Tyre repair kit. Spare Airfilter etc .All the stuff you need for 6 weeks on the road ;-) :teasing-neener: So all need to do is turn up with my Andy Strapz Panniers and Riding gear and good to go. Can only do 6 weeks as Daughter giving Birth to a new Grandson so got to be back for that .June 6th to July 16th Planning on Wheels n Waves in Biarrtz then over to see Moto Gp in Catalunya. Then over to Rome .Catching ferry to Albania (is there one)and riding the Balkans part of TET. Plan is to fit in as much TET as I can . Using TOURINSURE for bike insurance and BUPA for health insurance .Carrying a Spot as well.
1 x
Trebor01

Re: BIKE OPTIONS WHEN DOING TET FROM OVERSEAS

Post by Trebor01 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:05 am

:confusion-scratchheadblue: iTravel insurance done .Bupa.Actually starts from today so 380$ not that bad. Moto GP ticket .Silver service .Free Beer Food .Oh yeh. Brian Eland Motorcycles has helped with bike purchase and once get papers will insure through Tour insure. GPS will need to be organised . Got a ZUMO 395 New SD card for Europe perhaps.New tent arrived today.Black Wolf Mantis.
0 x
Lenzwerf

Post by Lenzwerf » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:05 pm

I believe that without a luggage rack on the WR the andystrapz are tough to mount properly. At least make sure you have a heat-shield at the exhaust. Have fun!
0 x
Trebor01

Post by Trebor01 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:51 am

Thanks for that.Checking on it now.Would post pix up of what Kit i have but dosent seem to work.
0 x
Trebor01

Post by Trebor01 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:45 am

ONLY 21 DAYS TO GO. :teasing-neener: Ok so packing this end going well .Camping gear .Tent.Quilt.Mattress.Pillow Chair .3.5 kg.Electronics.Mavic Air Drone and Ancillaries.Sony handy cam .Cables.Lense wipes.2x Power Banks SPOT TRACKER Enuf to charge phone 3 times .Including Kreiga Sling Bag being Kept in .3.7 kg .Cooking stuff.Billy Can .Pot/cup set.Cutlery Kovea Cooker .Type that screws in Gas Bottle.Then my 2 undies ..one I will be wearing.2 socks 2 tshirt .Pair of those zip off pants .Hiking Boots.Probably some First Aid KIt''.And my Bike gear which I'm going to wear onto plane :lol .Not sure what is Happening with bike as been paid for but still no Paperwork come through or Photos for that matter. :studyinggray: Preparation perhaps.? Really wanted to get all paperwork done before arrive but may now do shakedown/insurance/??? ride on weekend of 9th/ 10 th of June .Still catching Ferry to Durres in Albania 25th of JUNE to catch one rider for Balkans Ride if Anyone around :hrmpf OH AND STILL DONT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO POST PHOTOS :angry-fire:
0 x
Redballrun
TET Puppetmaster

Post by Redballrun » Wed May 16, 2018 8:34 pm

Looking good and watching!
If you use the tapatalk app for this forum, posting pictures is very easy.
If you're passing near us ( we're about 60 miles south of Brian and on the TET) drop us a line. There's a bed an a cold beer here.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

0 x
Trans Euro Trail HQ
KTM 690 RFR, Yamaha XT600Z 3AJ
E-mail: info@transeurotrail.org

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
Trebor01

Post by Trebor01 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:43 am

Thanks Redballrun.PM me your address and when get New SD card will put it in .MMM beer :lol
0 x
Trebor01

Post by Trebor01 » Mon May 28, 2018 10:35 am

Ok soo things coming together .Insurance full comp thru Tourinsure Fxxken hell 800$ for 2 months !!! $aud ...and only third party in Non EU countries . Motocamp Bulgaria does a great Deal but only Third Party .Do love Dougs stuff tho .Anyone who rides a 64 Harley Ridgid Chopper to Magadan is a Legend in my book :handgestures-thumbup: Brian Eland Motorcycles doing great job on Bike prep with Big Tank,Tyres,Running gear all being bought up to Scratch :D Should be there to sort last of Paperwork on June 8th .Using combination of Hostels in Biarritz and Rome because in middle of town and am a Tourist after all :old And Stealth/Winging it :lol .Got a Rider for the Balkans part and Ines has a contact for some tyres in Tirana.Crazy Drivers apparently...like Vietnam then .Have been trying some stuff like campinmygarden now campspace and Couchsurfing but no replies yet .Seems to be website issues with campspace ? Shame some amazing campsites on it. :studyinggray: Got Euro SD card sorted so hopefully Brian can help me sort the GPS :confusion-scratchheadblue: Looks like have 10 days or so when done in Balkans so plenty exploring to do.So learning a lot and wish could stay longer ...might yet .
0 x
Trebor01

Post by Trebor01 » Mon May 28, 2018 10:39 am

Gear im Taking on my trip 10.4 kgImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2 x
Trebor01

Post by Trebor01 » Mon May 28, 2018 11:12 am

Black Wolf tent and hopefully similar to how bahs sit on Wr450.Oh that is gonna be fun after getting round on the DR Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 x